Windows 10: Screen stuck on "Reset your password" when setting up a new PC

Discus and support Screen stuck on "Reset your password" when setting up a new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a new Dell XPS which I have been attempting to set up for the first time. I had forgotten my Windows password so requested a reset on the page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dellXPS user1, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Screen stuck on "Reset your password" when setting up a new PC

I have a new Dell XPS which I have been attempting to set up for the first time. I had forgotten my Windows password so requested a reset on the page requesting sign in. I was subsequently timed out whilst distracted with another task. I cannot now progress beyond the "Reset your password page", every time I enter a new password and press "next" , I get an annoying message which just states "We couldn't change your passoword because your session has expired". There does not appear to be any option to go back to an earlier page and if I reboot the PC, it just reverts back to the same screen on start up

Please help

:)

dellXPS user1, Feb 4, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 4, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Screen stuck on "Reset your password" when setting up a new PC

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Screen stuck on "Reset your password" when setting up a new PC

1. Screen stuck on "Reset your password" when setting up a new PC - Similar Threads - Screen stuck Reset

2. cant set up new pc stuck at pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant set up new pc stuck at pin: new pc, setting up account, had to use me phone email BTY. when I get to set up a pin it sais oops something went wrong and am stuck with that screen, will not skip or retry, turn pc off and starts at same screen...
  3. cant set up new pc stuck at pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant set up new pc stuck at pin: new pc, setting up account, had to use me phone email BTY. when I get to set up a pin it sais oops something went wrong and am stuck with that screen, will not skip or retry, turn pc off and starts at same screen...
  4. New Computer set up stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer set up stuck: Setting up new spare Acer Swift 1 laptop. Stuck on Microsoft 365 setup. I push confirm. Screen goes blank blue.Waiting 30 minutes no action https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-set-up-stuck/e5df6050-c9d6-4307-9fac-e1ca9c1a4977
  5. New Computer set up stuck

New Computer set up stuck: Setting up new spare Acer Swift 1 laptop. Stuck on Microsoft 365 setup. I push confirm. Screen goes blank blue.Waiting 30 minutes no action https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-set-up-stuck/e5df6050-c9d6-4307-9fac-e1ca9c1a4977
  6. New Computer set up stuck

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings: My screen has been stuck on a black screen for over an hour now after I have decided to "Reset this PC" and "Keep My Files" after I did a Windows Update. My laptop was working really fine before the update too. I should probably also say that I have tried other options before...
  8. Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings: My screen has been stuck on a black screen for over an hour now after I have decided to "Reset this PC" and "Keep My Files" after there was an error in my Windows Update. My laptop was working really fine before the update too. I should probably also say that I have tried...
  9. Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings

Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings: My screen has been stuck on a black screen for over an hour now after I have decided to "Reset this PC" and "Keep My Files" after there was an error in my Windows Update. My laptop was working really fine before the update too. I should probably also say that I have tried...
  10. Screen stuck on set up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen stuck on set up: [IMG]my son has a Connect Windows 10 tablet, which was working fine. He decided to sell it, so we did a factory reset, and now when we try to set it up again, it's stuck on this screen. Can anyone help please? I don't want to give up and bin it!...