Windows 10: Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

Discus and support Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 Build 19042.746 Restarting for a Windows update, and for the 40 minutes it's just a black screen with the word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbiweb, Feb 10, 2021.

1. cbiweb Win User

Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 Build 19042.746

Restarting for a Windows update, and for the 40 minutes it's just a black screen with the word Restarting in the center. No spinning circles, no anything. Just the black screen with the word Restarting.

Should I do a hard shut down or leave it alone?

:)

cbiweb, Feb 10, 2021

2. Updating from 8.1 to windows 10, the screen is stuck on 'Restarting' with dots circuling for last 4 hrs 40 minutes ?

Updating from 8.1 to windows 10, the screen is stuck on 'Restarting' with dots circuling for last 4 hrs 40 minutes ?

How long do I need to wait ?

Bhupinder_162, Feb 10, 2021
  3. xraiderv1 Win User
    stuck on restarting screen

so, my net decided to commit attack pattern suicide earlier, and when it came back up, skype got itself stuck on an endless signing in loop, so I decided 'ok..restart time'

so, with that decision made, I told the computer to restart...whereupon it got stuck on 'restarting'

you know, that grey screen, the rotating circle doohicky, and the word restarting underneath?

left it there for 10 minutes, then I did a forced shutdown by holding down the power button.

has anyone else encountered that before?

xraiderv1, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

Black screen 40 minutes after successful install

Black screen 40 minutes after successful install

johnbriandawes, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

1. Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes - Similar Threads - Screen stuck Restarting

2. 2 minutes on restart screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 minutes on restart screen: I recenlty noticed that my windows 10 pc takes a lot to restart (stays more than 2 minutes on that restart screen with those spinning dots). Shutdown takes less than 10 seconds and starting from shutdown takes about 15 seconds, the only problem is that part of restart with...
  3. Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 Build 19042.746 Restarting for a Windows update, and for the 40 minutes it's just a black screen with the word Restarting in the center. No spinning circles, no anything. Just the black screen with the word Restarting. Should I do a hard...
  4. Having 10-40 minute login screens.

Having 10-40 minute login screens.: My computer boots to login in about 10-20 seconds, but then takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes to log me in to my desktop, I have tried a clean boot and there was no change. Any advice for what to do? submitted by /u/UberMedic1809 [link] [comments]...
  5. Dell XPS 9500 stuck on restarting for the past 40 minutes.

Dell XPS 9500 stuck on restarting for the past 40 minutes.: Hey guys, So I was going to shut down my new XPS 9500 I literally got YESTERDAY down, and I clicked update and shut down. Ever since then my computer has been stuck on restarting with the buffering ring of dots. Not with the windows logo, just on a grey (normally blue)...
  6. Stuck in restarting screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in restarting screen: When I check windows update I found an update called cumulative update for version 2004, after update and installation it asks for restart so I close everything and click on the restart button but it stuck in the restart screen and nothing happens even after fee hours. My...
  7. Stuck on Restart Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on Restart Screen: My PC, when trying to restart, gets stuck on the restart screen. I found about this issue when trying to install the latest Windows 10 update. The PC can shut down, but does not restart. And the latest update will install only if you restart. I left the system to on...
  8. This has been stuck for 40 minutes. What do I do?

This has been stuck for 40 minutes. What do I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/asianinindia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy78bo/this_has_been_stuck_for_40_minutes_what_do_i_do/
  9. Stuck on Restarting Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on Restarting Screen: Hi I have a Lenovo YOGA 910-13IKB laptop and its stuck on the blue restarting screen. I’ve read some of the suggested fixes but they don’t appear to work. Is there info on current options that may work for this type of computer Thanks Jason...
  10. stuck on restarting screen

in Windows 10 Support
    stuck on restarting screen: so, my net decided to commit attack pattern suicide earlier, and when it came back up, skype got itself stuck on an endless signing in loop, so I decided 'ok..restart time' so, with that decision made, I told the computer to restart...whereupon it got stuck on 'restarting'...