Windows 10: Screen Stuck while installing Windows from USB

Discus and support Screen Stuck while installing Windows from USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to install windows for 2 days now, I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and i have been using Linux for some months now, but I wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdityaNavphule, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Screen Stuck while installing Windows from USB

I have been trying to install windows for 2 days now, I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and i have been using Linux for some months now, but I wanted to switch to windows, I created a bootable USB for Windows 10 via Rufus. I followed these steps:
    1. I created a Ubuntu Live USB for removing the partitions created by Ubuntu, then I created a primary NTFS partition in the SSD I formatted Ubuntu from the Live USB as I could not start the setup leaving it unallocated.
    2. I changed the secure boot option to disable.
    3. I plugged in the Bootable Windows 10 Drive it was formatted as GPT .
    4. Blue screen appears but it takes a large amount of time to get to the language selection page about 20 mins.
    5. After I select the language, and click the install now button, the window showing Setup is Starting appears and it gets stuck there, it does not go any further.

I maybe missing some steps in between or following a wrong procedure. Can somebody help me out please?
    Thank You.

:)

AdityaNavphule, Nov 2, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 2, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Screen Stuck while installing Windows from USB

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Screen Stuck while installing Windows from USB

1. Screen Stuck while installing Windows from USB - Similar Threads - Screen Stuck while

2. Pc stuck in splash screen while trying to install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck in splash screen while trying to install windows: Hello I built a new pc but when I try installing windows it wont work and it’s stuck in the splash screen.Specs:B550 aorus pro Ryzen 5600xAmd Radeon 66008x2 3600mhz ram pny xlr8Pny cs2140 Nvme ssdI’ve tried everything I used Rufus and power iso to make the iso file bootable I...
  3. Windows 10 install from USB stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install from USB stuck: Installing windows 10 using the media installer on a USB drive. Wiped all partitions and setup was going smooth. However now it is stuck on finishing up. Been on this step for three plus hours. Any advice?...
  4. Windows 10 install from USB stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 install from USB stuck: Installing windows 10 using the media installer on a USB drive. Wiped all partitions and setup was going smooth. However now it is stuck on finishing up. Been on this step for three plus hours. Any advice?...
  5. Windows 10 install from USB stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Screen stuck up with cursor while installing window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen stuck up with cursor while installing window 10: This happen when i tried to boot my pc. The pc boot normally and fine and then it goes black with no display but i can move the cursor of my mouse. I tried to alt+ctrl+delete and nothing happens i open the cmd trough installation media and tried the "bootrec /rebuildbcd,...
  7. Stuck on a blank blue screen while installing from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on a blank blue screen while installing from USB: I'm installing Windows 10 on a new SSD from an USB. After deleting old partitions on my HDD (now in a caddy) the installation process has started and then I went afk. The pc is now, 3 hours later, on a blank blue screen. What do i do? Can i restart it from the power button?...
  8. Windows usb bootable media installation stuck on windows screen

Windows usb bootable media installation stuck on windows screen: Hi, i just put my new ssd in, and my media bootable usb, i had to change boot mode to legacy to get it to load. And i put the usb to the top by pressing f6. But now the windows screen did pop up, but it seems to be stuck there and no loading circle is visible. Is there any...
  9. Stuck at Motherboard Logo screen while installing windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at Motherboard Logo screen while installing windows.: I think its my ssd prob, im changing my ram with a new one and still happens. is it possible? i have a new mobo because the old one is having issues with ram. TYIA! submitted by /u/DrSkyjel [link] [comments]...
  10. can't install Windows from USB - stuck on the purple/blue screen on installation

can't install Windows from USB - stuck on the purple/blue screen on installation: Hi all, I have previously double-partioned system with Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 7 in parallel and GRUB of course and everything works fine, but after I change my motherboard to new one X79 - Windows stops loading with BSOD Ubuntu still works perfectly fine. I decide to make...