Windows 10: Screen Stuttering/Tearing Problem, Need Help

Discus and support Screen Stuttering/Tearing Problem, Need Help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, hope you guys are having a great day. So I recently stumbled upon this problem, and it's rather a weird one for me and the first time I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Repiru, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Repiru Win User

Screen Stuttering/Tearing Problem, Need Help

Hello all, hope you guys are having a great day. So I recently stumbled upon this problem, and it's rather a weird one for me and the first time I've ever encountered it. Whenever I boot up my computer and load my game, screen tears/stuttering happen https://streamable.com/rxvo6j clip here, sorry for the low quality. I've tried rolling my drivers back, but it doesn't work. Oddly enough though, whenever I open another game, and return back to the game I want to play, the problem goes away. Though whenever I shut down my pc and turn it on again, it comes back. Just want to add that I am u

:)

Repiru, Jun 4, 2021
  2. SpawN0056 Win User

screen stuttering and tearing

lately u upgraded my windows version to 1803 which is caused a lot of screen tearing and stuttering despite of having a stable high fps in all games so after searching about this problem i decided to roll back to version 1709 where i haven't encountered
    any of those problems before upgrading to 1803 but sadly i still suffer from the same problem i tried to factory reset but still the same problem.

i hope that u can help me solve this problem and sorry for my bad english :/

[Moved from:Windows/Gaming on Windows 10]

SpawN0056, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Vya Domus Win User
    Need help: sudden screen tearing when playing games

There is something you do not seem to understand , as long as you do NOT use V-sync you will get tearing no matter what.

I would suggest using Adaptive-sync , this keeps your screen tear free as long as the frame rate machetes or exceeds the refresh rate of the monitor.

Fast Sync should only be used when you have a game that runs at a much higher frame rate than the monitors refresh rate , otherwise you will get a stutter fest.

Vya Domus, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Randy_E Win User

Undiagnosable Screen Tearing

I have been having a really hard time trying to nail down a solution for screen tearing on my machine. I have read quite a few forum posts where the solution is to enable vsync in game and in nvidia control center. I have also seen a few people mention enabling triple buffer from nvidia control center. However, even with these options on, off and all combinations between them, I am still getting a significant screen tear in games. I notice it quite a bit in Minecraft, but have noticed in other games like Farcry(primal to be specific). I am out of ideas on what to try. I have had this issue on two different monitors(both tv's if it's worth anything) and at 1080 and 4k resolutions. The only other thing I can think of is that my graphics card might be the problem. My system is an amd ryzen 7 and gtx 1050 ti. I have also updated driver for my graphics card. I have also double checked my screen refresh rate(60hz) and have set my games to 60fps but still have stuttering and screen tears.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I definitely don't know everything about computer hardware so if there is something I should know, I'd love to hear! Please, if there is a way I can improve my question, I want to know. I understand the purpose of down voting, but it gets frustrating when I am down voted but have no idea why, so I don't know how to improve my questions in the future.

Randy_E, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen Stuttering/Tearing Problem, Need Help - Similar Threads - Screen Stuttering Tearing

2. Screen Glitching / Tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Glitching / Tearing: I have an Asus ROG STRIX GL502VMK laptop. After doing the latest update of Windows 10, my laptop has started to have issues with the Windows UI and certain parts of other applications looking pixelated and shifting, like a tearing. Its not constant, and if I leave the Windows...
  3. Screen Glitching / Tearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Glitching / Tearing: I have an Asus ROG STRIX GL502VMK laptop. After doing the latest update of Windows 10, my laptop has started to have issues with the Windows UI and certain parts of other applications looking pixelated and shifting, like a tearing. Its not constant, and if I leave the Windows...
  4. Screen Glitching / Tearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Tearing: Screen tearing on some websites, including my own. It then causes CPU usage to go up to amounts that make my fans spin up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/4d40ff08-f771-46dc-95df-9d5131f24a91
  6. Vulkan Vsync Blocky Screen Tearing, I need Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vulkan Vsync Blocky Screen Tearing, I need Help!: I'm experiencing some Problems with my Vulkan Drivers whenever I run a Game/Emulator that Supports Vulkan with Vsync Enabled, there is a Tiny bit of Screen Tearing on the top of the Screen, I even DDU'ed my Graphics Drivers, Nothing!, someone please help?...
  7. Stuttering/Lag need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering/Lag need help: Alright so, I built a gaming computer 2 summers ago and never had problems with it until about 4 months ago when it randomly started stuttering. This happens all the time now. I could be listening to music or playing a game or nothing at all. I have tried different things:...
  8. Screen tearing disappearing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen tearing disappearing?: When I start my pc the screen tears on the bios screen and as the computer warms up it slowly just receeds down the screen into the windows task bar before completely going away. Any ideas whats happening? submitted by /u/dwally161 [link] [comments]...
  9. Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing: I have a problem with my Windows 10 1809.Whenever I decide to launch a game in fullscreen mode it has an awful stuttering and image tearing to it.Problem can be solved by turning vsync on or by switching off fullscreen optimization in properties of exe file of the game.The...
  10. screen tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen tearing: I have an Acer Nitro 5 and whenever I play roblox it gives me screen tearing, can anyone help? I've tried vsync but it didn't work ' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/2dd117fa-c9e3-4776-8dc6-17cc6e5874d1