Windows 10: Screen suddenly looks distorted and coloring is ruined Windows 10

Discus and support Screen suddenly looks distorted and coloring is ruined Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The screen got messed up out of nowhere. It was blinking a few times and the screen would have a purple tint or something for half a second. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Named Name, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Screen suddenly looks distorted and coloring is ruined Windows 10

The screen got messed up out of nowhere. It was blinking a few times and the screen would have a purple tint or something for half a second. It distorted completely just now. Why did this happen and can I fix it?P.S.This isn't the first time this has happened. It happened about a year after using laptop, and a few more times a while after that.

:)

Named Name, Aug 25, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Colors looking grey in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the colors look grey on your computer. I would suggest you to check the color filters in Settings and see if that helps. Kindly, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + U, to open
      Ease of Access Settings
    2. Now, select Color filters from the left pane.
    3. Under Use color filters, toggle the switch to
      off for Turn on color filters.
    4. Clear the check box for Allow the shortcut key to toggle filter on or off.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 25, 2021
  3. screen distortion

my windows 10 screen is suddenly distorted because round objects appear oval or stretched. looked all over control panel but could see nothing that addresses it.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop

RALPHCARLSON, Aug 25, 2021
  4. Screen suddenly looks distorted and coloring is ruined Windows 10

Colors changed after major Windows update ????

I couldn't even open this window to reach this setting step. It automatically launches the setting app, which does not contain the high-contrast setting. This major change in color ruins proper photo editing because of vastly distorted dynamic ranges.

Eudreamality, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

Screen suddenly looks distorted and coloring is ruined Windows 10

1. Screen suddenly looks distorted and coloring is ruined Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen suddenly looks

2. BSOD with distorted colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with distorted colors: I was just playing a game when a BSOD screen appeared. The code was MEMORY MANAGEMENT. But what made me confused was that instead of the traditional blue background, it seemed to be in a purple colored background instead, while the QR code became yellowish instead of white. I...
  3. BSOD with distorted colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with distorted colors: I was just playing a game when a BSOD screen appeared. The code was MEMORY MANAGEMENT. But what made me confused was that instead of the traditional blue background, it seemed to be in a purple colored background instead, while the QR code became yellowish instead of white. I...
  4. BSOD with distorted colors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Distorted Colors

Distorted Colors: Hi, I am not facing the Distorted Colors problem.An example of distorted colors:Or:Are those things right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-colors/2e210129-4b17-438a-9e91-895d3c9f547f
  6. Distorted Colors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted Colors: Hi, I am not facing the Distorted Colors problem.An example of distorted colors:Or:Are those things right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-colors/2e210129-4b17-438a-9e91-895d3c9f547f
  7. Distorted Colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Screen suddenly colorful and flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen suddenly colorful and flickering: Very suddenly I was playing a game on Steam and everything was running smoothly with no abnormalities my screen started flickering and showing various colors. I initially thought it was a software issue and updated the display driver, but that did not solve the issue. The...
  9. Screen suddenly colorful and flickering

Screen suddenly colorful and flickering: Very suddenly I was playing a game on Steam and everything was running smoothly with no abnormalities my screen started flickering and showing various colors. I initially thought it was a software issue and updated the display driver, but that did not solve the issue. The...
  10. Display Colors Distortion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Colors Distortion: Good day... Recently my display started to randomly turn into this: 20180617_122006 — Postimage.org Forgive me for posting a link instead of inserting an image, tried that and didn't work... Anyway, do you have any idea what might be the cause for this ? it returns to...