Windows 10: Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size.

Discus and support Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using Windows 10 on my PC for over a year it everything has been flawless, but this morning, I turned on my computer and the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EvieShipley, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size.

Hello,

I have been using Windows 10 on my PC for over a year it everything has been flawless, but this morning, I turned on my computer and the screen had over an inch of black on the sides. I have searched every single forum and support site I could find and I found that a lot of people had this problem in 2015... which doesn't help me very much. I have a Viewsonic monitor, model VA2246m - LED, am using DVI, have no graphics card, and all of my monitor settings like "Auto Image Adjust", "H. / V. Position", "Horizontal Size", "Fine Tune", "Sharpness", and "Aspect Ratio" are greyed out and I can't select them. My USD Menu isn't locked, and I looked at the user manual for my monitor. All in all, Please Help!!! Thanks in advance.

:)

EvieShipley, Oct 2, 2018

2. screen to fit monitor size

hello i am trying to get my screen display to fit the size of the monitor i must of been messing around with the settings and forgot how to change it back thanks in advance

CrazyDarkMind94, Oct 2, 2018
  3. How does one increase the size of the display to [fit monitor screen size.

How does one increase the display size to fit my monitor screen size. Right now i have a 27" monitor and my only utilizes 2/3 of the monitor screen.

LesWilliamsSF, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size.

How to make pic fit the lock screen?

Hi Paul,

In order to see your lockscreen wallpapers in full view, the image itself must match with the aspect ratio of your monitor. If the image resolution exceeded the dimension size of your monitor, it would unlikely fit on your monitor screen. You need to edit
    and resize your image until if fits on your screen. To do this, follow the steps below:

Step 1 - Reduce the image size by following these steps:

• Locate the image that you want to set as your lock screen wallpaper.
    • Right-click the image, then click Edit. I will launch
      Paint
    • Click Home.
    • Click Resize. Make sure that Maintain aspect ratio is checked.
    • Reduced the percentage size by changing the Horizontal and Vertical until you determine that it will fit on your lock screen.

Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size. 9333d37e-25d4-43e3-a62c-969b51a7fb8e.png

Step 2 - Edit the image to fit in your lockscreen by perform the steps below:

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Photos, then click it to launch this application.
    • Locate the image that you want to edit.
    • Click the image.
    • Press Ctrl + E to start editing.
    • Click Crop.
    • On the top right, click the Aspect ratio menu.
    • Click Lockscreen.
    • Click the check sign to apply changes.
    • Press Ctrl + S to save the image.

There is no shrink or expand image option available in Lockscreen settings since Windows 10 can already automatically resize the image to fit on your screen.

Let us know if the resolution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size.

1. Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size. - Similar Threads - Screen suddenly stopped

2. fitting screen to monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    fitting screen to monitor screen: After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in the window but the window didn't size properly for the hp laptop monitor, It was cut off on the bottom so I couldn't see the...
  3. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  4. Monitor Screen Size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Screen Size: Windows 10 downloaded automatically 2 days ago and now the screen size on my monitor has changed. I have a Samsung S24B300EL monitor that worked perfectly until the download. Now the screen when it fills the monitor is too large and some of the sidebars are missing. The...
  5. Display suddenly wont fit screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display suddenly wont fit screen: So i simply turned my PC off went and had lunch and cane back half an hour later turned it back on and now the display is at an incorrect ratio and i cant alter it, looked online and tried everything i could find from uninstalling and reinstalling video card drivers to going...
  6. Size Column to Fit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Size Column to Fit: I need to permanently size columns to fit content instead of having to select it every single time a folder is opened. Is there a solution yet? I cannot find an option to select "apply to all folders."...
  7. how to change display size to fit screen size

how to change display size to fit screen size: My display size is smaller than the screen size for some reason. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display-size-to-fit-screen-size/536b3fef-37cc-46af-b46c-f36ecb2602a0
  8. Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit): Hello, i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings. when i switch resolution it always Barely doesn't fit (Screen gets cut off), after browsing through all the preffered resulution options (and...
  9. Why won't the screen fit on the monitor??

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why won't the screen fit on the monitor??: Ok, so I just recently upgraded my computer, including a new monitor. My old CRT monitor never gave me any problems and the screen always fit just fine. My new flatscreen 22" doesn't seem to fit the image on it very well. It's like the image is too large and bleeds off the...
  10. Screen not fitting to monitor properly

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not fitting to monitor properly: Im a new windows 10 user and i just have this one problem ever since it was installed last night. The screen is a little bit too large on my monitor. Everything around the edges of the screen such as the windows button, the X button on web browser, back button etc is all...