Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos

Discus and support Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VanHelisng, Jul 31, 2018.

1. VanHelisng Win User

Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue.

Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best way to describe what happens, its when something fast happens in the film like a somebody throwing a punch or the camera moves quickly it looks almost like the person is lagging, its not a smooth motion. Hoping somebody knows what im talking about.The card im using is a nvidia GTX770 and my Monitor is 60 hz.I didnt have this problem before on win 7 with Aero Theme. Now i did fresh install win 10 with 398.36 drivers with all updated drivers for Mobo,chipset ect ect. 2 days im on net trying and cant fix this issue i tried : Nvidia control panel Vsync turned : default, on , adaptive no fix , power management mode : prefer maximum performance, pci express link state power management set to : OFF , tried Google smooth scrolling off/ on Google hardware acceleration off/on. i tried all above and still not fix can some on help like i said ingame no issue at all on desktop/win10 and videos is the problem ... PLS some one Help!!!

system spec:
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 2gb
    Chipset : i7-4790 3.6 ghz
    Mobo : Asus Ranger VII
    Ram : 16 gb kingstone hyperx DD3 2400 Mhz
    Windows 10 Pro x64

:)

VanHelisng, Jul 31, 2018
  2. MatthewDell Win User

Windows 10 Screen Tearing

I have a brand new Alienware laptop (6th gen core i7, 16gb ram, SSD) with all the latest updates, drivers, etc. running an NVidia 970M, WIndows 10, everything is perfectly up to date and I am getting screen tearing just watching YouTube videos. VLC plays
    fine, and video games work fine, just YouTube videos that are tearing very badly. Once again, before it is blindly suggested that I update my drivers - as of today, they are ALL up to date. I have ALL windows updates and I have Nvidia Geforce Experience installed
    with the latest video drivers AS OF TODAY. To me this is more of a bug report than a request for resolution because it looks like this problem is simply not fixed.

MatthewDell, Jul 31, 2018
  3. satelitko Win User
    Gigabyte GTX760 OC 4GB - Screen tearing in YouTube videos.

I get this screen tearing at the bottom of the top 1/4 of the screen. I don't seem to notice it in games, but it shows up on YouTube videos. I've tried enabling and disabling, in various combinations, triple buffering and VSync, to no avail. I'm one step away from replacing the card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think it's the monitor, as I've seen it on my old Samsung monitor, and it's probably not the drivers, as they're the latest version.

satelitko, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Levande Win User

Screen Tearing Outside of Games

New revelation - Screen tearing only occurs without a game / program (?) running in the background.

Also, I've used DDU to completely uninstall my Nvidia drivers and have installed the newest drivers available, but I am still experiencing the screen tearing only within browsers. Turning on Hardware Acceleration in Chrome does stop the screen tearing, but it also causes a ton of video errors when I watch live streams on twitch.tv, so that's not really a viable solution to my problem.

Levande, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos - Similar Threads - Screen tearing Desktop

2. Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System): I was trying to windows 10 setup in Acer E14, but I can't set up this. When I restart this laptop and press F2 then show me an option. when I click Boot option I can't find Boot Mode then I save changed what I need. After that, I can't find the DVD option. Finally, I was...
  3. how do I get Cortana to tell me when typing keyboard and narrating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get Cortana to tell me when typing keyboard and narrating: AS ABOVE TY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/how-do-i-get-cortana-to-tell-me-when-typing/de4c0dec-412e-4584-9269-9c535eff94da
  4. August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank

August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank: This has become rather troublesome ordeal. I had this issue with the previous update and ultimate had to reinstall windows because of it. Recently, i got a forced update last night and i chose the update and shutdown option. Today, in the morning my computer booted up but...
  5. How can I prevent the update when it says "Your update is ready"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I prevent the update when it says "Your update is ready"?: I had been using the following setting to prevent auto-updates. Stop Windows 10 Updates Properly and Completely Yesterday, when I was still using version 1709, I manually installed a critical update via Windows Update MiniTool. I had no idea what update it was. After a...
  6. BLACK SCREEN & INFINITE REPAIR LOOP AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE- ACCESS DENIED SAFE MODE

BLACK SCREEN & INFINITE REPAIR LOOP AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE- ACCESS DENIED SAFE MODE: HI im 2 days into this now-- have been trying soo many solutions online-- & nothing is working this is the 3rd time that after a mandatory reboot-- i have been lift with the black screen. The 1st one required 200$+ at the computer repair shop. The 2nd i was able to...
  7. Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update: Hi, I updated to KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) yesterday and now when my pc boots the brand name comes up, then the screen flashes of and on and the brand name is back up again and normal boot resumes. Anyone else see this occurrence or have any ideas? 116073
  8. when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??: I select groups of pictures from albums, and some are stretched in width?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/when-i-put-my-pictures-on-screen-display-they-are/ce8c43f3-6ef1-4e9b-adfa-1aac2bea57d6
  9. High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs: I am experiencing high disk usage when I open literally everything. I am not too knowledgeable on computer hardware so hopefully someone here can help. I have disabled SuperFetch (I was/still am having issues with my computer randomly resetting; someone said disabling it...
  10. permissions when installing a new program

in Windows 10 Customization
    permissions when installing a new program: When I try to install some new programs I get the message "insufficient permissions" I am the only person using this computer....