Windows 10: Screen tearing issue after windows update

Discus and support Screen tearing issue after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since I ve updated my windows to May 1903 version, Ive been facing screen tearing while gaming and even on videos during intense motion scenes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by skaus72, Sep 17, 2019.

1. skaus72 Win User

Screen tearing issue after windows update

Ever since I ve updated my windows to May 1903 version, Ive been facing screen tearing while gaming and even on videos during intense motion scenes. Tried installing latest intel HD graphic drivers from intel and OEM website but problem remains same.

Earliar on windows version(10.0.10240) there was no tearing issue.

If anyone knows how to fix this pls reply.

:)

skaus72, Sep 17, 2019
  2. BigSpoon Win User

HTC HD7 Screen Tearing Issue

I did indeed receive it. This one is a vanilla device and doesn't have any o2 branding. Furthermore, it didn't have a battery and came with a US localized rom leaving me without a pound sign on the keyboard etc. Annoyances aside, it has the same issue,
    even though they promised it would be checked before dispatch. That said, it doesn't tear as badly as the other two did which suggests it is a hardware issue. HTC have said that if I want a UK rom, I'll need to send it back for another ten days (they won't
    send me a rom to update it with). They're now avoiding the screen tearing issue. My complaint has been escalated to the useless care team for the third time and they should be contacting me on Monday.

BigSpoon, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Screen tearing

After installing a recent windows 10 update i have experienced screen tearing issues when playing certain games on steam. It has never happened up until i installed this update.

HenryMorris2, Sep 17, 2019
  4. ecoh419 Win User

Dual Screen horizontal lines and tearing.

Hello All

I have a dual screen setup, with my desktop extended to a second monitor. A week or so after updating windows 10 with the creators update my dual screen set up is experiencing a large horizontal line traveling up one of my displays with shaking below. I have attached an image.

Screen tearing issue after windows update [​IMG]

This first happened on my primary display (29" Asus connect with display port). After rebooting the tearing then moved over to my secondary display where it has remained for the last week intermittently. (Samsung 22" connected with a VGA to DVI adapter). Both Monitors are connected to my ATI R9 270.

I have ruled out the display hardware as this issue goes away in safe mode. If I set my computer to only use one display either the 22" or 29", the issue is gone. I have also connected to another computer (mac book pro) and the tearing does not persist.

Other things I have tried:

• Reboot
    • Shut down
    • Pulled power cords from monitors and pc for 30 minutes
    • Update graphics card driver
    • Reinstall graphic card driver
    • Try different connectors
    • Uninstall display device in hardware manager

Any and all help is appreciated as this one is really driving my nuts!

ecoh419, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Screen tearing issue after windows update - Similar Threads - Screen tearing issue

2. How to fix Screen Tearing issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Screen Tearing issues on Windows 10: Screen tearing is a thing that can affect Windows 10s performance. It’s not just a problem that causes video games to go haywire. So, if you’re facing this issue in Windows 10, the question is, what are your options to have it solved? Well, there are a few steps we can take...
  3. Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Tearing: Screen tearing on some websites, including my own. It then causes CPU usage to go up to amounts that make my fans spin up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/4d40ff08-f771-46dc-95df-9d5131f24a91
  4. Screen Tearing issues, looks like 25hz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Tearing issues, looks like 25hz: This recently started happening to me. Screen tearing when I move tabs around, move my mouse or play games, or even scroll up and down a page. Words drag and become very blurry. I first started noticing this after downloading Minecraft Windows 10 edition or bedrock. This is...
  5. Perpetual Screen Tearing issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Perpetual Screen Tearing issues.: So I noticed for a while now that for some reason, as i use my tv as a monitor for my pc, at random intervals my screen will tear and blink. Currently it is connected to my desktop via HDMI cable got it from the guy that put up the tv, and its not just when I play a game....
  6. FPS DROPS AND TEARING AFTER THE UPDATE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FPS DROPS AND TEARING AFTER THE UPDATE: So i finally did that update that was popping up the whole time and ever since i have been getting fps drops in games like rocket league and cs how do i fix that and if that cant happen how do i go back to the previous version of the windows submitted by /u/DGodSpeed...
  7. Severe Screen tearing after windows 10 may update 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Severe Screen tearing after windows 10 may update 2019: After the win 10 may update 2019, My laptop is severely screen tearing after a few minutes the update has been installed. I've restarted it, but to no improvement. My specs are: I7-7500U 2.7ghz Nvidia 940mx 8gb ram 1tb HDD Win 10 free from win 7 If microsoft tech support...
  8. screen tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen tearing: I have an Acer Nitro 5 and whenever I play roblox it gives me screen tearing, can anyone help? I've tried vsync but it didn't work ' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/2dd117fa-c9e3-4776-8dc6-17cc6e5874d1
  9. Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update: Hi. I realised that after I updated to Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19), I received screen tearing when I played on games like Garry's Mod. This had not happened before the update, and I now have to turn V-Sync on to play games. I updated my graphics driver with no...
  10. Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update: Hi. I realised that after I updated to Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19), I received screen tearing when I played on games like Garry's Mod. This had not happened before the update, and I now have to turn V-Sync on to play games. I updated to the latest graphics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. severe screen tearing