Windows 10: Screen Tearing issues, looks like 25hz

Discus and support Screen Tearing issues, looks like 25hz in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This recently started happening to me. Screen tearing when I move tabs around, move my mouse or play games, or even scroll up and down a page. Words... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshBoverhof, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Screen Tearing issues, looks like 25hz

This recently started happening to me. Screen tearing when I move tabs around, move my mouse or play games, or even scroll up and down a page. Words drag and become very blurry. I first started noticing this after downloading Minecraft Windows 10 edition or bedrock. This is very annoying because I just built a nice $1500 gaming pc, runs games amazing, but it's really disappointing to see your PC get wrecked by screen tearing. Also, there is a dark purple or black dragging around the screen tear. This is really unfortunate after seeing another thread from 2018 about the same issue, that Microsoft didn't bother responding to. One guy already tried buying new GPU's thinking his current one went bad but continued to have the same problem. I'm hoping for a response, I can record footage if needed. My display is only a 1080p 75hz monitor, but it shouldn't and never looked this awful. HELP!!

:)

JoshBoverhof, Jan 21, 2021
  2. KelvBlue Win User

Lumia 1020 screen tearing issue

Recently changed to Lumia 1020 from 920 and noticed a few display problem.

1) Go to the multitask page (holding the back arrow) and scroll left or right slowly, the top parts of the apps will tear.

2) Go to the all apps list, if you scroll up or down fast, the fonts will tear.

I would like to find out if this is a hardware defect before I send the phone to Nokia Centre. Anyone experiences this too?

EDIT : Also some colour (grey) will not appear smooth but like having vertical streaks, I wonder is this the AMOLED screen only problem? Like viewing this page on the phone
    #666666 Hex Color

KelvBlue, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Morgoth Win User
    screen tearing

i having some issue;s my pc suffers from screen tearing afhter playing a 3d game
    it forced me to reboot to stop the tearing effect, are there anny other solutions?

Morgoth, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Driftwize Win User

Screen Tearing issues, looks like 25hz

Screen "Tearing" like issue (HELP)

So i have had this issue of what i would describe as screen tearing but it isn't as a far as i know. the lines will move up and down my screen when moving my mouse left and right, as far as i have noticed it only happens in games, no tears on UFO Screen
    Tear tester or youtube videos, have had it happen since Win 10 update 1803 but cant be exactly sure, it happened with my old pc (Specs below) so i assumed build a new pc (Specs Below) with every part bought brand new and the issue would be gone, was i wrong.

Here is a video of my problem, i have capped my monitor at 60hz and the fps at 60 to properly show the issue, as at 144hz 144fps my phone does not pick it up so well: -- this is a video of it being captured through fraps, the
    tear cant be seen:

pc specs (Old)

-

i7 6700k

Msi 980ti

G1 Gaming Mobo

Samsung 250 Evo SSD

WD Black 1tb HDD

G.Skill Tridend Z RAM 16gb 3000mhz

XFX Black Edition 850W

Windows 10 Pro

pc specs (New)

-

i7 8700k

EVGA 1070

Rog Strix z370-f gaming mobo

Avexit RAM 16gb 3000mhz

Samsung Evo 250gb

WD Black 1tb HDD

Corsair Gold 750W

Windows 10 Pro

Things i have tried:

As stated a brand new pc build, a better build at that, so i can rule out my hardware.

Also tried 3 different EVGA 1070's, a MSI 980ti and a Strix 1080 (a friend of mine builds pc's hence access to parts, he has also never seen this issue)

Tried 3 Monitors, Acer Predator GN246HLB 144hz, Acer Predator X34P Gsync Enabled still "Tearing" and a Benq RL55HM 60hz. all tried using DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-Dual Link on each.

Setting different refresh rates/fps, this either reduces or increases how noticeable it is depending on the game, some games the line is just a very fast moving single line rather than the lines in the video above.

Have tried Low-Ultra settings in game, make no difference on what settings i use.

My temps are always below 70, EVGA 1070 usually around 60-65, i7 8700K usually around 60-70.

Can confirm enabling Vsync/Fast sync fixes it for some games but have never had to use it in the past it has always been fine, its a recent issue im having.

If anyone has any help or know/seen anyone having the same issue please leave some feedback as i don't know what else i can do at this point. thanks for reading.

Driftwize, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Screen Tearing issues, looks like 25hz

1. Screen Tearing issues, looks like 25hz - Similar Threads - Screen Tearing issues

2. Screen Glitching / Tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Glitching / Tearing: I have an Asus ROG STRIX GL502VMK laptop. After doing the latest update of Windows 10, my laptop has started to have issues with the Windows UI and certain parts of other applications looking pixelated and shifting, like a tearing. Its not constant, and if I leave the Windows...
  3. Screen Glitching / Tearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Glitching / Tearing: I have an Asus ROG STRIX GL502VMK laptop. After doing the latest update of Windows 10, my laptop has started to have issues with the Windows UI and certain parts of other applications looking pixelated and shifting, like a tearing. Its not constant, and if I leave the Windows...
  4. Screen Glitching / Tearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Tearing: Screen tearing on some websites, including my own. It then causes CPU usage to go up to amounts that make my fans spin up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/4d40ff08-f771-46dc-95df-9d5131f24a91
  6. Perpetual Screen Tearing issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Perpetual Screen Tearing issues.: So I noticed for a while now that for some reason, as i use my tv as a monitor for my pc, at random intervals my screen will tear and blink. Currently it is connected to my desktop via HDMI cable got it from the guy that put up the tv, and its not just when I play a game....
  7. Screen tearing disappearing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen tearing disappearing?: When I start my pc the screen tears on the bios screen and as the computer warms up it slowly just receeds down the screen into the windows task bar before completely going away. Any ideas whats happening? submitted by /u/dwally161 [link] [comments]...
  8. Screen tearing issue after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen tearing issue after windows update: Ever since I ve updated my windows to May 1903 version, Ive been facing screen tearing while gaming and even on videos during intense motion scenes. Tried installing latest intel HD graphic drivers from intel and OEM website but problem remains same. Earliar on windows...
  9. Blue Cursor? Looks like a blue tear drop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue Cursor? Looks like a blue tear drop.: One of my users managed to get this on their screen, I have no idea what this is, or how to get rid of it. It is a Surface 4 with the latest update to Windows 10 Pro. Thank you anyone who can help me. [IMG]...
  10. screen tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen tearing: I have an Acer Nitro 5 and whenever I play roblox it gives me screen tearing, can anyone help? I've tried vsync but it didn't work ' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/2dd117fa-c9e3-4776-8dc6-17cc6e5874d1