Windows 10: Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

Discus and support Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For the past 2 days, I got screen tearing. So far it occurred when I left my laptop on for a long time maybe around 8- 10 hours. My refresh rate is 120... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SvelteSpider266, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

For the past 2 days, I got screen tearing. So far it occurred when I left my laptop on for a long time maybe around 8- 10 hours. My refresh rate is 120 hz, resolution is the recommended one, which is 1920x1080. It's unusual, since it only happened 2 days ago. It has not occurred before at all. It happens whenever I am in safe mode. On startup I notice it when the ASUS logo and the circle ring thing didn't move at all. It also occurs on Steam, when I play a game. How can I fix this problem?

:)

SvelteSpider266, Oct 7, 2021

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Oct 7, 2021
  4. coopfab Win User

Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

1. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games - Similar Threads - Screen Tearing startup

2. Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode: Hi,My screen started flickering after a Windows update. It does not seem like an app problem because my task manager flickers. I have tried uninstalling my display adaptors in safe mode and even in a normal start-up. My screen is still flickering even after restart. I'm using...
  3. Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode: Hi,My screen started flickering after a Windows update. It does not seem like an app problem because my task manager flickers. I have tried uninstalling my display adaptors in safe mode and even in a normal start-up. My screen is still flickering even after restart. I'm using...
  4. Screen tearing in full screen mode in gams

Screen tearing in full screen mode in gams: So, every time i play a game and put it in Fullscreen it starts to screen tear a lot. idk why it happens, i watched a lot of videos and the videos say enable vsync but i don't want vsync because it has a lot of latency. This only happens when in full screen mode. pls help me...
  5. Screen tearing in full screen mode in gams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen tearing in full screen mode in gams: So, every time i play a game and put it in Fullscreen it starts to screen tear a lot. idk why it happens, i watched a lot of videos and the videos say enable vsync but i don't want vsync because it has a lot of latency. This only happens when in full screen mode. pls help me...
  6. Black screen on BIOS, startup and Safe Mode

Black screen on BIOS, startup and Safe Mode: Hi everyone,I just bought a pc and i was trying to open the BIOS and all I just got was black screen. I tried running it by advanced startup and it also showed black screen. Now i tried starting it using safe mode and what I am just getting is a complete black screen when I...
  7. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games: For the past 2 days, I got screen tearing. So far it occurred when I left my laptop on for a long time maybe around 8- 10 hours. My refresh rate is 120 hz, resolution is the recommended one, which is 1920x1080. It's unusual, since it only happened 2 days ago. It has not...
  8. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games: For the past 2 days, I got screen tearing. So far it occurred when I left my laptop on for a long time maybe around 8- 10 hours. My refresh rate is 120 hz, resolution is the recommended one, which is 1920x1080. It's unusual, since it only happened 2 days ago. It has not...
  9. Nvidia Games tearing heavily in full screen but not in window mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Games tearing heavily in full screen but not in window mode: I have lately had few major windows updates on my laptop that is dual graphics and have a gtx 1050 ti card then I realized that all games I have started tearing heavily , so i started playing with Nvidia drivers switching between them back and forth but nothing , then by...
  10. Screen Tearing Outside of Games

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Tearing Outside of Games: Lately my computer has been experience screen tearing when outside of games. Usually I experience this when I'm scrolling up and down on websites such as reddit and this only goes on for less than 10 minutes at a time after which it will just not occur anymore. Not sure what...