Windows 10: Screen Tearing Outside of Games

Discus and support Screen Tearing Outside of Games in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Lately my computer has been experience screen tearing when outside of games. Usually I experience this when I'm scrolling up and down on websites such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Levande, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Levande Win User

Screen Tearing Outside of Games

Lately my computer has been experience screen tearing when outside of games. Usually I experience this when I'm scrolling up and down on websites such as reddit and this only goes on for less than 10 minutes at a time after which it will just not occur anymore. Not sure what to think of this as when I play games, such as League of Legends or Black Desert Online, my performance will still be great.

My two leading suspicions would be either by video card (980TI), or my monitor (BenQ GW2255) is dying. It could possibly be Google Chrome being buggy, but I'm not too sure about this since I also experience the screen within Microsoft Edge.

Any help to find the problem and to solve it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Levande, Oct 27, 2016
  2. BirdmanC4 Win User

Windows 10 Screen Tearing

Iam having the same issue. Never experienced screen tearing in windows 8.1. This is non sense. Most of my games have screen tearing and YouTube videos are messed up unless I restart my CPU. I really dont know whats the problem. Microsoft needs to fix this
    problem soon. very soon. I love windows 10 but not with screen tearing.

BirdmanC4, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Screen tearing in every game

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you're experiencing Screen tearing while playing game. One of which is having an outdated video card driver. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you update your graphic drivers. To do this, you may
    refer to the link below:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 27, 2016
  4. Levande Win User

New revelation - Screen tearing only occurs without a game / program (?) running in the background.

Also, I've used DDU to completely uninstall my Nvidia drivers and have installed the newest drivers available, but I am still experiencing the screen tearing only within browsers. Turning on Hardware Acceleration in Chrome does stop the screen tearing, but it also causes a ton of video errors when I watch live streams on twitch.tv, so that's not really a viable solution to my problem.

Levande, Oct 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Screen Tearing Outside of Games - Similar Threads - Screen Tearing Outside

2. Screen Glitching / Tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Glitching / Tearing: I have an Asus ROG STRIX GL502VMK laptop. After doing the latest update of Windows 10, my laptop has started to have issues with the Windows UI and certain parts of other applications looking pixelated and shifting, like a tearing. Its not constant, and if I leave the Windows...
  3. Screen Glitching / Tearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Glitching / Tearing: I have an Asus ROG STRIX GL502VMK laptop. After doing the latest update of Windows 10, my laptop has started to have issues with the Windows UI and certain parts of other applications looking pixelated and shifting, like a tearing. Its not constant, and if I leave the Windows...
  4. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games: For the past 2 days, I got screen tearing. So far it occurred when I left my laptop on for a long time maybe around 8- 10 hours. My refresh rate is 120 hz, resolution is the recommended one, which is 1920x1080. It's unusual, since it only happened 2 days ago. It has not...
  5. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games: For the past 2 days, I got screen tearing. So far it occurred when I left my laptop on for a long time maybe around 8- 10 hours. My refresh rate is 120 hz, resolution is the recommended one, which is 1920x1080. It's unusual, since it only happened 2 days ago. It has not...
  6. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Tearing: Screen tearing on some websites, including my own. It then causes CPU usage to go up to amounts that make my fans spin up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/4d40ff08-f771-46dc-95df-9d5131f24a91
  8. Screen tearing disappearing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen tearing disappearing?: When I start my pc the screen tears on the bios screen and as the computer warms up it slowly just receeds down the screen into the windows task bar before completely going away. Any ideas whats happening? submitted by /u/dwally161 [link] [comments]...
  9. Screen Tearing When Playing Games on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Tearing When Playing Games on Windows 10: I'm having this problem for some time (Some 2 years trying to fix this) I started having this problem after I reinstalled Windows 10 (because of virus and to clean the computer) Well, this problem only happens in games, or when something is full screen, this is really...
  10. screen tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen tearing: I have an Acer Nitro 5 and whenever I play roblox it gives me screen tearing, can anyone help? I've tried vsync but it didn't work ' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/2dd117fa-c9e3-4776-8dc6-17cc6e5874d1