Windows 10: Screen tearing with D3D in full screen

Discus and support Screen tearing with D3D in full screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, at the moment of writing, PC is running with factory setting but it's all up-to-date (Windows updates, Asus updates). When I launch an app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by altobiondo, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Screen tearing with D3D in full screen

Hi,
    at the moment of writing, PC is running with factory setting but it's all up-to-date (Windows updates, Asus updates).
    When I launch an app (emulators, in the specific case) at full screen, only the 60% (approx.) of the left side of the screen is showing correctly when using Direct3D graphics option.
    I partially 'solved' this by switching to OpenGL but those apps that don't have this option won't run correctly.
    I've also tried running them in compatibility mode and disabling DPI switch.

Running on an ASUS T101HA-GRD43T with a built-in Intel(R) HD graphics card

Any suggestions?

:)

altobiondo, Nov 9, 2017
  2. Olaf CH Win User

Windows 10 Screen Tearing

Thank you for your message.

It is now much better but there is still screen tearing.

You can reproduce screen tearing with following

-> Alt-Tab between full screen windows, sometimes you still have screen tearing.

-> Youtube video with fast color and moving sequences (e.g. macross frontier avm's), in Internet Explorer it is nearly gone but with Firefox and hardware acceleration on (default) it's still there.

Olaf CH, Nov 9, 2017
  3. Screen tearing

Thanks for the fast response. I will be sure to give this a go.

HenryMorris2, Nov 9, 2017
Thema:

Screen tearing with D3D in full screen

1. Screen tearing with D3D in full screen - Similar Threads - Screen tearing D3D

2. Screen tearing in full screen mode in gams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen tearing in full screen mode in gams: So, every time i play a game and put it in Fullscreen it starts to screen tear a lot. idk why it happens, i watched a lot of videos and the videos say enable vsync but i don't want vsync because it has a lot of latency. This only happens when in full screen mode. pls help me...
  3. Screen tearing in full screen mode in gams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen tearing in full screen mode in gams: So, every time i play a game and put it in Fullscreen it starts to screen tear a lot. idk why it happens, i watched a lot of videos and the videos say enable vsync but i don't want vsync because it has a lot of latency. This only happens when in full screen mode. pls help me...
  4. Screen Glitching / Tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Glitching / Tearing: I have an Asus ROG STRIX GL502VMK laptop. After doing the latest update of Windows 10, my laptop has started to have issues with the Windows UI and certain parts of other applications looking pixelated and shifting, like a tearing. Its not constant, and if I leave the Windows...
  5. Screen Glitching / Tearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Glitching / Tearing: I have an Asus ROG STRIX GL502VMK laptop. After doing the latest update of Windows 10, my laptop has started to have issues with the Windows UI and certain parts of other applications looking pixelated and shifting, like a tearing. Its not constant, and if I leave the Windows...
  6. Screen Glitching / Tearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Tearing: Screen tearing on some websites, including my own. It then causes CPU usage to go up to amounts that make my fans spin up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/4d40ff08-f771-46dc-95df-9d5131f24a91
  8. Screen tearing disappearing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen tearing disappearing?: When I start my pc the screen tears on the bios screen and as the computer warms up it slowly just receeds down the screen into the windows task bar before completely going away. Any ideas whats happening? submitted by /u/dwally161 [link] [comments]...
  9. screen tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen tearing: I have an Acer Nitro 5 and whenever I play roblox it gives me screen tearing, can anyone help? I've tried vsync but it didn't work ' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-tearing/2dd117fa-c9e3-4776-8dc6-17cc6e5874d1
  10. Diagonal Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagonal Screen Tearing: Over the past month or so, while watching videos or scrolling through web pages, i noticed that there was some diagonal screen tearing (Top Left to Bottom Right). I have no idea how this has happened and i can't stop looking at it. Is there any way to fix this? It happens in...