Windows 10: Screen time doesn't turn everything off

Discus and support Screen time doesn't turn everything off in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When screen time shuts off Windows on my son's computer, certain things remain on: Voice chat is still going even though the screen shows that Screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by paulseymour2, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Screen time doesn't turn everything off

When screen time shuts off Windows on my son's computer, certain things remain on:

• Voice chat is still going even though the screen shows that Screen Time is over
    • Oculus Rift allows both voice chat and visuals through the headset even while the monitor shows that Screen Time is over

Is there any way to shut these down along with everything else?

:)

paulseymour2, Dec 27, 2019

2. Windows Spotlight doesn`t turn on

Hello

I was trying to turn on windows spotlight for my lock screen background in windows 10 v1709 build 16299.125, But it doesn`t turn on. I click on windows spotlight, It changes to spotlight, But not the preview picture, Then I come out from settings, again
    go in for lock screen background change, But the background is again on picture! I`ve done every thing to fix it, Nothing changed. Help me please

Amirali Salimi, Dec 27, 2019
  3. the night light it doesn t turn on

i have problem with the night light it doesn t turn on what am i doing to??

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

GEORGIOSMASOURAS69, Dec 27, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Screen time doesn't turn everything off

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Screen time doesn't turn everything off [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Screen time doesn't turn everything off

1. Screen time doesn't turn everything off - Similar Threads - Screen doesn't turn

2. Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time: I just bought a new Windows 11 laptop, which I plan to use mostly as if it were a desktop. As I did with my old Windows 10 laptop, I used my HDMI port to connect my monitor, and I set the lid setting to do nothing when I close the lid.But I can't get the display to shut down...
  3. Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time: I just bought a new Windows 11 laptop, which I plan to use mostly as if it were a desktop. As I did with my old Windows 10 laptop, I used my HDMI port to connect my monitor, and I set the lid setting to do nothing when I close the lid.But I can't get the display to shut down...
  4. Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer: Split from this thread. I have an opposite issue of this is that my screen doesn't turn "off". I have clearly set a timer in power and sleep, also I have edited my power plan to turn of my screen, but it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried to set my power button the...
  5. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored: Neither the option to turn off the screen nor the screen saver are working.I have a portable Uperfect touch screen connected via USB-C thunderbold to a NUC11PAHi5 desktop.I have Logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard.After several minutes without touching the mouse and the...
  6. Turn off screen time email requests

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turn off screen time email requests: Is there a way to allow parents to turn off EMAIL notifications of a child’s request for more screen time. We prefer to use the website or the Xbox family app to grant requests. Having to delete these emails in both of our accounts creates sn extra task when parents have...
  7. Family safety screen time will not turn off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety screen time will not turn off: My son who is 18 yrs old as just bought a new laptop with windows 10 installed. He has a microsoft account which has had for some time for his xbox. He now finds that his laptop is restricted on screen times based upon some older settings when the xbox was bought through...
  8. Screen doesn't auto turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen doesn't auto turn off: I have set the screen to automatically turn off after 15 minutes, but it does not. It stays on. I have heard some others have this problem and it is related to USB devices, and that setting the "USB Selective suspend setting" to disabled in advanced power settings fixes...
  9. Screen Time isn’t Turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Time isn’t Turning off.: I haven’t used my laptop in a while, and when I went to go use it it said I still had screen time limits on. On my mom’s profile, it says that all restrictions are turned off. But it still stays locked....
  10. Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off: Hi, I recently updated my DELL L502X to Windows 10 from Windows 7. All drivers have been installed and Device Manager shows no problem. However I'm seeing a weird issue. I'm using an external monitor (ASUS) through HDMI. I'm setting the display to show on external monitor...