Windows 10: Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC

Discus and support Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son built a new PC and logged in earlier today but was later given a red screen saying screen time was preventing him from logging in until 7am. So... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LostFungus15185, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC

My son built a new PC and logged in earlier today but was later given a red screen saying screen time was preventing him from logging in until 7am. So he sent a request to my email asking for permission to extend his time and when I tried to log into my account I am taken to the Family page and there is no one listed or no Family set up. I've tried for a couple of hours now but I can't figure out how to remove the screen time. I think I set screen time for his Xbox One but I don't remember how I did it and if it would carry across devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

LostFungus15185, Dec 1, 2020

2. Screen Time Settings Preventing PC Log In

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It could be that your system is not receiving the command that you change over the Microsoft account settings online. We would like to know more information to help you, please answer the questions below:

• What is the error that you are getting when trying to login?
    • Is there other user account on your son's computer?

Meanwhile, please make sure that the internet is working fine. Also, we suggest to remove your child account to your Family members online and see if you can login after that. Please head over to this
    link for the steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Screen Time Settings Preventing PC Log In

My son's PC is set up to use only his Microsoft account (as the administrator), but his account is linked to mine as a Family account with Screen Time limits set. His PC is now saying that screen time limits have expired and I cannot login to his PC at all.

I have tried turning off the screen time limits to free up his PC, but it is not taking effect. This has left me unable to access his PC at all, effectively I am locked out of his computer.

Help!!

PeterAtkins2, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC

Edge message "Time's Up" even though he has unlimited screen time - son unable to log in

In Microsoft Family account the allowed screen time for my son is set to Unlimited, but every time he logs on to Edge, it accepts his login, then "Time's Up!" flashes on the screen. We have rebooted the computer. I have reset his account for today to 10
    hours, refreshed the page, logged out, re-set it to 'unlimited' time--all the easy fixes, and nothing works. This has been going on for a few hours.

Any suggestions?

LoriG_2486, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC

1. Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC - Similar Threads - Screen preventing son

2. Added my son as a user on the PC, his apps/program's disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Added my son as a user on the PC, his apps/program's disappeared: Please help, I added my son on my PC as a user. We signed in using his Microsoft account. I noticed immediately not all the apps and programs I have on my account are not available on his. So I'd have to redownload. Last night we signed into epic Games to download GTA and...
  3. Blue screen error code on newly built PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error code on newly built PC: I have received several blue screen error codes on my newly built PC. Most of them are SYSTEM_SECURITY_EXCEPTION, but one of them was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_ERROR. I have the Minidump files for these scenarios, but I'm unsure how to link them in the post. Someone please help!...
  4. Newly built PC crashed

Newly built PC crashed: Hi, I just built a pc but it just crashed on me and I'm trying to figure it out. is there a way to figure out why my PC crashed using a .dmp file? All i see in there is unknown characters. Here's the link to the file...
  5. Newly built pc help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly built pc help: So ive got my pc all built and set up. I have windows 10 on a laptop, and got windows 10 education for free. So i know theres a media creation tool, do i just use that and then enter the product key once i put the usb in the pc and boot it up? submitted by /u/Hballzz...
  6. Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer: I have got Microsoft Family on my sons computer. I have set screentime limits. I have not set any app limits yet. The PC runs Windows 10. Every day I get "your son would like more screen time". Only ONCE has it ever locked him out. He has limits of 3 hours per day on...
  7. newly built pc

newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  8. Windows not Activating on my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not Activating on my newly built PC: Hi Community, I've been using an Intel Core i-5 4670K with an ASUS motherboard build for years (since 2013). Back then I was in university. The university portal gave the students access to official Microsoft products through their licence agreement with Microsoft. When...
  9. Son built his PC with W10, he wants to replace it with new home built PC. Can he transfer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Son built his PC with W10, he wants to replace it with new home built PC. Can he transfer...: He'd like to use the same license he bought for his original PC 2 years ago, he has the product key. Can he simply unregister W10 from his old comptuer and then reuse that same product key? If it doesn't work, can I re-register his old one?...
  10. My son was able to purchase products using his password for his account From My account the...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My son was able to purchase products using his password for his account From My account the...: my Child is under A child account but some how after recent updates.my Child was able to buy Purchases from Microsoft store In his account even when the settings in the Family manages account is set to needs to ask a Parents Permission, he even was able to us his Account on...