Windows 10: Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC

Discus and support Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son built a new PC and logged in earlier today but was later given a red screen saying screen time was preventing him from logging in until 7am. So... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LostFungus15185, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC

My son built a new PC and logged in earlier today but was later given a red screen saying screen time was preventing him from logging in until 7am. So he sent a request to my email asking for permission to extend his time and when I tried to log into my account I am taken to the Family page and there is no one listed or no Family set up. I've tried for a couple of hours now but I can't figure out how to remove the screen time. I think I set screen time for his Xbox One but I don't remember how I did it and if it would carry across devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

LostFungus15185, Dec 1, 2020

2. Screen Time Settings Preventing PC Log In

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It could be that your system is not receiving the command that you change over the Microsoft account settings online. We would like to know more information to help you, please answer the questions below:

• What is the error that you are getting when trying to login?
    • Is there other user account on your son's computer?

Meanwhile, please make sure that the internet is working fine. Also, we suggest to remove your child account to your Family members online and see if you can login after that. Please head over to this
    link for the steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Screen Time Settings Preventing PC Log In

My son's PC is set up to use only his Microsoft account (as the administrator), but his account is linked to mine as a Family account with Screen Time limits set. His PC is now saying that screen time limits have expired and I cannot login to his PC at all.

I have tried turning off the screen time limits to free up his PC, but it is not taking effect. This has left me unable to access his PC at all, effectively I am locked out of his computer.

Help!!

PeterAtkins2, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC

Edge message "Time's Up" even though he has unlimited screen time - son unable to log in

In Microsoft Family account the allowed screen time for my son is set to Unlimited, but every time he logs on to Edge, it accepts his login, then "Time's Up!" flashes on the screen. We have rebooted the computer. I have reset his account for today to 10
    hours, refreshed the page, logged out, re-set it to 'unlimited' time--all the easy fixes, and nothing works. This has been going on for a few hours.

Any suggestions?

LoriG_2486, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC

1. Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC - Similar Threads - Screen preventing son

2. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son can't log into his account.: So we can't log into my sons account, and I can't recover it.Someone hacked it, and now when we go to log in, we get the code in our email, then it gives us two different bogus "aliases" that are partially hidden. And then it just doesn't let us do anything.Why can't we...
  3. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son can't log into his account.: So we can't log into my sons account, and I can't recover it.Someone hacked it, and now when we go to log in, we get the code in our email, then it gives us two different bogus "aliases" that are partially hidden. And then it just doesn't let us do anything.Why can't we...
  4. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My son cannot log into his PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son cannot log into his PC.: We have tried resetting the password but that doesn't workHis PC is managed through Family. I don't know if this has an impact. I can log in without problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-cannot-log-into-his-pc/95e5ee6c-ef3b-4cf5-9379-88174ea235de
  6. My son cannot log into his PC.

My son cannot log into his PC.: We have tried resetting the password but that doesn't workHis PC is managed through Family. I don't know if this has an impact. I can log in without problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-cannot-log-into-his-pc/95e5ee6c-ef3b-4cf5-9379-88174ea235de
  7. my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.: my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc. is there a way that i can set up in microsoft family that my son is on Eastern Time to avoid this? Note: my son is 14 and avid pc gamer and code Python developer... thus please only replay with real...
  8. my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.: my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc. is there a way that i can set up in microsoft family that my son is on Eastern Time to avoid this? Note: my son is 14 and avid pc gamer and code Python developer... thus please only replay with real...
  9. my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. newly built pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...