Windows 10: Screen time limit set to "Blocked" does not block login

Discus and support Screen time limit set to "Blocked" does not block login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, My son has lost use of the computer for a week so, earlier in the week, I went to the Family management page, selected "Screen time" for my son,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Michael K Henry, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Screen time limit set to "Blocked" does not block login

Hi,

My son has lost use of the computer for a week so, earlier in the week, I went to the Family management page, selected "Screen time" for my son, and set the "Time limit" for every day to "Blocked".

I was surprised to see, under "Recent activity" - "Screen time", that he had spent 23 minutes on the computer yesterday.

I have been googling to see if "Blocked" does not mean what I think it means but I have had no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

:)

Michael K Henry, Dec 5, 2019

2. computor blocked by child control time limits.

Hi,

I have a problem with windows 10, computor blocked by child control time limits. My child left the pc logged in his/ her naccount after time limits - now how do i get out of the message (french system)

"Votre compte possède une limitation horaire d'utilisation qui vos empêche de vous connecter..."

and login with another account?

lancecooper, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    call block

Hi Erika,

Regarding your concern, you can block unwanted calls or text messages using the
    call+‎SMS filter app. To add a phone number to your blocked numbers list, on the start screen, tap , swipe to history, tap and hold the caller you want to block, and tap block
    number.

You can also add numbers to your blocked numbers list from text messages.

To check the settings of call+SMS filter, go to settings > call+‎SMS filter.

Block calls and messages

• Switch Block calls+‎SMS to On.

Check which numbers are blocked

• Tap blocked numbers.

Get notifications about blocked calls or messages.

• Tap advanced, and switch Notifications to On.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Vijay B Win User

Screen time limit set to "Blocked" does not block login

time limits for children

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

When you add a child to your family, you can help make sure they're staying safe while they use the PC while still giving them the freedom to explore. You can make sure that adult websites are blocked, or specify just which sites you want your kids to see.
    You can also make sure they can only use apps and games that are appropriate for their age, and you can set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. Kids can ask your permission to keep browsing when their time
    is up, or to see or download anything that's blocked—together, you can decide the level of restriction that's right for them.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Keep your kids safer on the PC (Applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/set-pc-limits

Post us the results after you try the above steps.

Vijay B, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Screen time limit set to "Blocked" does not block login

1. Screen time limit set to "Blocked" does not block login - Similar Threads - Screen limit set

2. Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website: I am using Windows 10 home version. I find it is difficult to block installing edge extension in edge browser and my child can easily access any website they wish. I seek the internet and find a way to edit registry by adding Extensions registry string 0. But it does not...
  3. Activity website blocking limit

Activity website blocking limit: My son has a very hard time staying on task while he is doing remote learning. Everyday I am reviewing the websites he is going to and blocking ones that he shouldn't be accessing. However, I am now getting an error...1003 websites blocked. Is there a limit of 1000? I tried...
  4. Setting screen time limits

Setting screen time limits: Hello, Two questions : Can i use any device using my credentials, to set screen time limits on a separate child's device or should i only do so on the actual device itself? I want to set a daily 3.5 hour time limit on the child's device. Do i have to specify exactly...
  5. Block an app time to time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Block an app time to time: As you read in the title, I want to block some apps from time to time so I can avoid distractions during school. My grades are a bit off because sometimes I get distracted doing something else than paying attention to the class. I want to improve my grades, but, at the same...
  6. App time limits - need to block during the day

App time limits - need to block during the day: Trying to use the familt safety features to block some apps games during the school day say 730am-230pm and allow other apps. How is this not yet available during all this remote learning? All you need to do is let me add multiple allowable times per app instead of just one...
  7. Screen time limit block the child before "Time Limit" reached.

Screen time limit block the child before "Time Limit" reached.: I have child account in my family group and I found that "Time Limit" end in less time then defined. Now it's define for 6hr. Usage show 5:35 only and account is blocked. By time window usage allowed also. Device limits What can cause it?...
  8. No time limits set, but still limiting time

No time limits set, but still limiting time: I have kids who need to use Google Chrome for distance learning. When I enabled that app for them, it set a time limit. I have removed all app time limits on the kids accounts, but one of them is still blocked from using Chrome unless he asks an adult. How can I fix this...
  9. Blocking Roblox in time frames

Blocking Roblox in time frames: How do I block Roblox certain time frames? similar to screen time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-roblox-in-time-frames/f2d9bbcb-7e48-4319-8e63-98fb94929611"
  10. keyboard login blocked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    keyboard login blocked: No keyboard entry at login, no dots for characters hit. narrator says HIDDEN. The keyboard is good. If I use my Password Recovery USB, I can then type my password and dots appear. Any help would be appreciated. I'm typing this with the keyboard. Ted Springfield, MA ***...