Windows 10: Screen time limits and activity reports inaccurate

Discus and support Screen time limits and activity reports inaccurate in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have windows 10 running and cant get the activity reporting to report correctly. For instance, if my nephew runs out of time at 4pm and it sends a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DavidForester3, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Screen time limits and activity reports inaccurate

I have windows 10 running and cant get the activity reporting to report correctly. For instance, if my nephew runs out of time at 4pm and it sends a request for more time, the email that arrives says its 10am or something weird. The times aren’t lining up and it is also giving him time on days when its blocked. I can’t seem to get any assistance from Microsoft, anyone have any ideas?

:)

DavidForester3, Apr 10, 2020
  2. PNW Gamer Win User

Inaccurate reported screen times for Xbox on Microsoft Family account...

Hello -

I'm having some trouble with reporting of screen time usage for our child using the Microsoft Family account. The issue is that the time reported per day is clearly incorrect/off. For example, yesterday evening he used his Xbox for about 1.5 hours. Today,
    as I write this, he has not used his Xbox at all. Yet when I go to the Family account and click on Activity, down in the section labeled Screen time, it indicates that he had only 2 minutes of usage yesterday (as opposed to about 1.5 hours) and it indicates
    that he had 3 hrs 26 mins of usage today, when in reality he has had none.

A few details:

• For his account, under Screen time, we have selected "On" for the Xbox screen time and then for each day we've basically set it up for max hours each day (like from 9am to 9pm). This is because we don't want to impose any specific time limit for any given
      day. Instead, we simply want (both us and him) to be able to see reports of how much time he's spending per day on the Xbox. On that same page, under PC screen time, we have that set to "Off." So again, the reporting should be just for Xbox, as far as I understand
      it.
    • All of the reported 3 hrs 26 mins for today is shown to be attributed to the Xbox, so it's not like that's coming from some other device that he's using.
    I signed into the Xbox to confirm that it had the right date/time...which it does. I also confirmed that it has the latest updates (it's set to automatically install any updates and indicates that it was last checked just yesterday night).

Would appreciate any suggestions/help. Thanks!

PNW Gamer, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Mik834 Win User
    Screen time limits broken for months

Hi

Despite trying all the suggestions to fix it screen time limits have not been working for months. Any idea when Microsoft will fix it? They must know that something isn't right because their own reporting shows that the activity duration is greater than
    the limit set.

Thanks

Mik

Mik834, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Mik834 Win User

Screen time limits and activity reports inaccurate

ms family account screen time limits not working

Hi

Despite trying all the suggestions I can find online to fix it screen time limits have not been working for months. The limit is set correctly but Windows appears to ignore it. Family activity reporting shows that the activity duration
    is greater than the limit set.

Thanks

Mik

Mik834, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Screen time limits and activity reports inaccurate

1. Screen time limits and activity reports inaccurate - Similar Threads - Screen limits activity

2. Screen time limits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen time limits: I'm having an issue with the screen time limits. We add screen time limits for kids youtube, for 30 minutes a day. My children each have a tablet and an android phone. When the limit of 30 minutes is reached on one device, they can switch to the other and they somehow get an...
  3. Screen time limits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen time limits: I'm having an issue with the screen time limits. We add screen time limits for kids youtube, for 30 minutes a day. My children each have a tablet and an android phone. When the limit of 30 minutes is reached on one device, they can switch to the other and they somehow get an...
  4. WSUS server reports are inaccurate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS server reports are inaccurate: Hey, We have common problem on an offline WSUS server in our closed network When we ran a status report on computers, we were finding updates needed. However, when connecting to the WSUS clients themselves, we noticed that they have finished installing all updates needed....
  5. Screen Time Limit

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen Time Limit: I need help in setting time limit with gaps in between. For example on Sunday i want to set time to 1pm to 3pm and the from 6pm to 7pm. Please help me becuase when i try to set the limit it takes a whole timeperiod for the day and doesnt have any option of adding break to it...
  6. Screen time limits

Screen time limits: My child has screen time limits applied to his account. However, I did not set them or turn them on. How can this be ? Further more, I cannot turn them off. When I check on my account settings page, it shows that there are no restrictions for the child account. So, why...
  7. Screen Time and Limits

Screen Time and Limits: Hi, I just wanted to ask why microsoft family doesn't stop the screen time counter when I'm not signed in and I'm on my lock screen. Sometimes my laptop doesn't go to sleep when I close it and all my time slips down the drain while I'm not actually on the device....
  8. Microsoft Family: Android screen time well reported but impossible to set screen time limits

Microsoft Family: Android screen time well reported but impossible to set screen time limits: My kids have an android tablet + microsoft launcher with all required permissions settings all "green" In Microsoft family, "Activity" tab, for each kid, I can see the screen time from the android tablet and from the Windows laptop In Microsoft family, "Screen time" tab,...
  9. Screen time limitations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen time limitations: So when I want to login to my HP pavilion gaming laptop with windows 10 if that helps anyone I get greeted with a “Time’s Up!” But I already sent an email to my parent and I had 8 hours of screen time. Can anyone please help? Thanks....
  10. Bypassing screen time limits

Bypassing screen time limits: I have been using screen time limits successfully I thought, but now noticed my child will adjust the clock/time to by-pass the restrictions. Can changing of time be restricted? How?...