Windows 10: Screen time limits are frozen even after removing account

Discus and support Screen time limits are frozen even after removing account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Screen time limits have frozen computer even after removing account from family.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by WR19, May 18, 2019.

1. WR19 Win User

Screen time limits are frozen even after removing account

Screen time limits have frozen computer even after removing account from family.

:)

2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to remove screen time limit?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you want to remove the Screen time limit for your child, you can remove the time limit for one particular day for a given slot. To do that please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to
      https://login.live.com
      and login with your Microsoft account.
    2. Click on Family.
    3. Click on Screen time under your Child’s account.
    4. You will find something like in the picture below. Now, click on the slot for which you want to remove the screen time:
      Screen time limits are frozen even after removing account 62601958-fea0-4116-a3ab-160767b0a4b6?upload=true.png

5. Click on Remove to remove the screen time. Below is the screenshot:
      Screen time limits are frozen even after removing account 05d5d6fa-7c62-4615-a6a8-a0679b93b0be?upload=true.png

6. After removing the time, click on Save and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 18, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 18, 2019
  4. Screen time limits are frozen even after removing account

time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Screen time limits are frozen even after removing account

1. Screen time limits are frozen even after removing account - Similar Threads - Screen limits are

2. How to remove the screen time limit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the screen time limit?: Hello, I have a problem with the function limit time. I am not a child, but the limit time as per attached. I cannot work between 22:00-07:00. Could you help me for delete limit time?...
  3. How to remove the screen time limit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the screen time limit?: Hello, I have a problem with the function limit time. I am not a child, but the limit time as per attached. I cannot work between 22:00-07:00. Could you help me for delete limit time?...
  4. Removing screen time limit

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing screen time limit: Hi,Removed screen time for my child in family account. Still not letting him in, when sending requests for additional screen time, says error occured but not enough information. Please advise....
  5. Discord keeps working even after screen time limit. Fix?

Discord keeps working even after screen time limit. Fix?: So lets say my daughter is logged into a chat session on discord when screen-time limit is reached. The MS alert pops up about “asking for more time from a parent” etc but my daughter can continue chatting. This is a big oversight. Is there a fix or workaround apart from...
  6. Removed family accounts but still has the screen time limit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removed family accounts but still has the screen time limit: I created another Microsoft account and made a family group with my main account, then I limited my screen time and disbanded the family group. Now I have a screen limit but I can't cancel it because there is no longer a family group. What should I do ?...
  7. Screen time limits

Screen time limits: My child has screen time limits applied to his account. However, I did not set them or turn them on. How can this be ? Further more, I cannot turn them off. When I check on my account settings page, it shows that there are no restrictions for the child account. So, why...
  8. Screen Time - Cant remove screen time limits

Screen Time - Cant remove screen time limits: My daughter's account she's 15 is part of my family account. When she updated her application a few days ago, now screen time limits are established. I do not want screen time limits. With this current Covid-19 issue, all kids are doing virtual online school all day, and...
  9. Issues with screen time limit on child account.

Issues with screen time limit on child account.: Hi, We urgently need help to solve the following problem. We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop. As soon as we unlock the laptop with our MS password the following message appears: Time is up! This device is blocked because of your...
  10. How to remove screen time limit?

How to remove screen time limit?: Hello, I have a problem with the function limit time for my child. I delete link with my child, but the limit time stay. Could you help me for delete limit time? Jeremy ***Modified title from: Problem limit time for my child***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen time frozen

2. removing screen time freezes screen