Windows 10: Screen time limits broken for months

Discus and support Screen time limits broken for months in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi Despite trying all the suggestions to fix it screen time limits have not been working for months. Any idea when Microsoft will fix it? They must... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mik834, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Mik834 Win User

Screen time limits broken for months

Hi

Despite trying all the suggestions to fix it screen time limits have not been working for months. Any idea when Microsoft will fix it? They must know that something isn't right because their own reporting shows that the activity duration is greater than the limit set.

Thanks

Mik

:)

Mik834, Oct 3, 2019

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Screen time limits broken for months

Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Screen time limits broken for months

1. Screen time limits broken for months - Similar Threads - Screen limits broken

2. Screen time limits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen time limits: I'm having an issue with the screen time limits. We add screen time limits for kids youtube, for 30 minutes a day. My children each have a tablet and an android phone. When the limit of 30 minutes is reached on one device, they can switch to the other and they somehow get an...
  3. Screen time limits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen time limits: I'm having an issue with the screen time limits. We add screen time limits for kids youtube, for 30 minutes a day. My children each have a tablet and an android phone. When the limit of 30 minutes is reached on one device, they can switch to the other and they somehow get an...
  4. Screen Time Limit

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen Time Limit: I need help in setting time limit with gaps in between. For example on Sunday i want to set time to 1pm to 3pm and the from 6pm to 7pm. Please help me becuase when i try to set the limit it takes a whole timeperiod for the day and doesnt have any option of adding break to it...
  5. Temporary bypass screen time limit when internet connection is broken

Temporary bypass screen time limit when internet connection is broken: On my child's PC internet connection somehow stop working. He can access computer only with direct permission of me or my wife, on other time his account is locked up. So now I can't access his PC's settings because "send request" on lock screen is not working no internet....
  6. Screen time limits

Screen time limits: My child has screen time limits applied to his account. However, I did not set them or turn them on. How can this be ? Further more, I cannot turn them off. When I check on my account settings page, it shows that there are no restrictions for the child account. So, why...
  7. Screen Time Broken

Screen Time Broken: So I just started using Opera because Microsoft edge was glitchy, a week later my computer decided to set a screen time limit, for me the issue is I cannot use the browser until one of my parents turns off the screen time when they do every day, it turns back on. Why does...
  8. Screen Time and Limits

Screen Time and Limits: Hi, I just wanted to ask why microsoft family doesn't stop the screen time counter when I'm not signed in and I'm on my lock screen. Sometimes my laptop doesn't go to sleep when I close it and all my time slips down the drain while I'm not actually on the device....
  9. Screen time limitations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen time limitations: So when I want to login to my HP pavilion gaming laptop with windows 10 if that helps anyone I get greeted with a “Time’s Up!” But I already sent an email to my parent and I had 8 hours of screen time. Can anyone please help? Thanks....
  10. Screen time limits not working, it has been a few months since they did

Screen time limits not working, it has been a few months since they did: Since sometime this summer, my one child's limits have no effect, not matter what I change. I have the latest version installed in October. I looked right now and it is set to stop allowing at 8:00pm but when he logs in, it say he can go to 12:47am. I have tried all of the...