Windows 10: Screen time limits for kids

Discus and support Screen time limits for kids in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; At the beginning, "PC Screen time" worked, but after a few weeks, my son's laptop was blocked for 5 days, so that created very big problems for him to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MarijanaGrujicic, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Screen time limits for kids

At the beginning, "PC Screen time" worked, but after a few weeks, my son's laptop was blocked for 5 days, so that created very big problems for him to attend "online school". When my son's laptop finally unlocked, after 5 days, I set him "unlimited time" to avoid a similarly embarrassing situation again. It didn't help, and despite the "unlimited time", my son's Laptop was blocked until the next day, after just 2 hours of use and problem with "online school" again. I cancelled his PC from the Microsoft account but that didn't help either, his computer is still blocked until the new date. Please, please, please help us to solve this problem.
    Talking to friends about this problem, I found out that they had the same problems.

:)

MarijanaGrujicic, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Vijay B Win User

time limits for children

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

When you add a child to your family, you can help make sure they're staying safe while they use the PC while still giving them the freedom to explore. You can make sure that adult websites are blocked, or specify just which sites you want your kids to see.
    You can also make sure they can only use apps and games that are appropriate for their age, and you can set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. Kids can ask your permission to keep browsing when their time
    is up, or to see or download anything that's blocked—together, you can decide the level of restriction that's right for them.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Keep your kids safer on the PC (Applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/set-pc-limits

Post us the results after you try the above steps.

Vijay B, Jun 16, 2020
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jun 16, 2020
  4. AeroCsr Win User

Screen time limits for kids

Kid screen time: gaming time versus school work time

Thank you, It seems to work.

I've created two accounts. Me been the only admin of the system (s), I do install only app games on the gaming account, while office and school apps are installed for all users.

• Kid-gamer account: is limited on daily screen time, have controlled Microsoft Store purchasing capabilities, and allows downloading stuff, not installing it (admin rights).
    • Kid-school account: unlimited screen time, no Microsoft Store purchasing capabilities (not even free stuff). Any application that is required to be blocked can only be blocked after been used for the first time and reported on the "family"
      dashboard. That is a pretty easy way to do it.

Same for web sites containing inline games. After been used for the first time, they can be added to the list of blocked sites.

Having to wait for an application or website to be visited for the first time to be able to add it to the list is not proactive. Any smart ideas on that regard would be appreciated.

Has Edge any embedded functionality we could leverage ?

Thank you !

AeroCsr, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Screen time limits for kids

1. Screen time limits for kids - Similar Threads - Screen limits kids

2. Screen time limits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen time limits: I'm having an issue with the screen time limits. We add screen time limits for kids youtube, for 30 minutes a day. My children each have a tablet and an android phone. When the limit of 30 minutes is reached on one device, they can switch to the other and they somehow get an...
  3. Screen time limits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen time limits: I'm having an issue with the screen time limits. We add screen time limits for kids youtube, for 30 minutes a day. My children each have a tablet and an android phone. When the limit of 30 minutes is reached on one device, they can switch to the other and they somehow get an...
  4. Setting time limits for my kids

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting time limits for my kids: HY So i have a parent account and two kids that have also a microsoft account. family acccount One of the account is logged on the same computer that i am so i've tried to set a time limit for him. The problem is i made some changes in the time limit but the system doesn't...
  5. Screen Time Limit

Screen Time Limit: I need help in setting time limit with gaps in between. For example on Sunday i want to set time to 1pm to 3pm and the from 6pm to 7pm. Please help me becuase when i try to set the limit it takes a whole timeperiod for the day and doesnt have any option of adding break to it...
  6. Generic Kids Account and Screen Limit on Laptop

Generic Kids Account and Screen Limit on Laptop: I have a generic local account set up on a Win 10 laptop for my kids. I would like to limit usage of that to not be useable after 10PM. I have multiple kids and don't want to go through the process of creating a single account for each one of them in order to do what should...
  7. Screen time limits

Screen time limits: My child has screen time limits applied to his account. However, I did not set them or turn them on. How can this be ? Further more, I cannot turn them off. When I check on my account settings page, it shows that there are no restrictions for the child account. So, why...
  8. Turn off kids time limit

Turn off kids time limit: Hi, We have been trying to turn off the timer for apps on my daughter's PC. She is, like others, doing school and other work from home now and having to dole out minutes is a pain. I've gone into our account and flipped the switch on her account to turn off time limits...
  9. Screen Time and Limits

Screen Time and Limits: Hi, I just wanted to ask why microsoft family doesn't stop the screen time counter when I'm not signed in and I'm on my lock screen. Sometimes my laptop doesn't go to sleep when I close it and all my time slips down the drain while I'm not actually on the device....
  10. kids accounts and screen time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    kids accounts and screen time: I have updated everything and setup child on pc and set screen time but child can still be on pc for 24 hours when I have set for 2. no passwords left around....