Windows 10: screen time limits in microsoft family

Discus and support screen time limits in microsoft family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ag63ag, Mar 8, 2019.

1. ag63ag Win User

screen time limits in microsoft family

i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions. ultimately though it's not adding the child and letting me set the screen time limits. advice?

:)

ag63ag, Mar 8, 2019

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Mar 8, 2019
  3. family screen time limits

Hello Kassidy, hope this message finds you well.

I suggest that you remove your daughter’s Microsoft account and then get in back. After that, log in your account on the family page and set screen time limits for your child.

In addition, verify your child account. To perform this, ask her to sign in with her Microsoft account. Open Start – Settings - Accounts and verify her account according to the prompts.

If you need more information, please refer to the following articles:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402690...

____

Steve

Steve Merik, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. screen time limits in microsoft family - Similar Threads - screen limits microsoft

2. Screen time limits in microsoft family difficult to use effectively

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time limits in microsoft family difficult to use effectively: Hi All,The way the time limits work with screen scheduled I find extremely difficult and clunky to work with. I'd really like to get some thoughts around the problems I'm facing.I can set time limits in 2 places, in the daily time limits, and through scheduled time blocks,...
  3. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  4. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  5. Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.: Since I'm moving away, I removed my Microsoft account from my Microsoft Family. My account on the Microsoft Family had screen time limits placed on it by my dad. I figured leaving the family would remove the screen time limit, however this hasn't been the case and I'm still...
  6. Microsoft family gets screen time limits all wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family gets screen time limits all wrong: My account locks me out at 10pm every day. until one day, when it decided to lock me out at 3:02 pm. then most recently, it locked me out at 2:12pm! Help me!!!...
  7. Microsoft Family Time Limit not working

Microsoft Family Time Limit not working: Hi there, My 11 year old son's microsoft profile account is connected to our family account so I can control how much screen time he gets etc. I have limited him to be on his computer until 7.30pm in the evenings. However, tonight, when I went up to check on him at...
  8. Bypassing family screen time limits

Bypassing family screen time limits: I have my son set up within microsoft family with a chikd account with screen time limits set. However, he just creates other accounts and when his main one switches off he knows he can switch to the other and carry on undetected. How can i stop him creating other accounts?...
  9. microsoft family group time limits

microsoft family group time limits: i removed myself from our microsoft family group a few weeks ago, and yet i still have time limits active on my account - i had read that accounts not in a family group should not be affected by the time limits set in that family group so you can understand my confusion...
  10. Time limits, Microsoft family

Time limits, Microsoft family: We have Microsoft family and my dad set screen time limits for my games. I think I sometimes get less time than it is expected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-limits-microsoft-family/39fb731d-7171-4366-8212-ecef5cfef999"