Windows 10: Screen Time Limits Just Outside School Hours?

Discus and support Screen Time Limits Just Outside School Hours? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; With the pandemic causing my kids to do school from home I've found I'd like a little more refinement in screen time limits. I'd essentially like... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Defenestrar, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Screen Time Limits Just Outside School Hours?

With the pandemic causing my kids to do school from home I've found I'd like a little more refinement in screen time limits. I'd essentially like there to be no limit during school hours and then to have normal limits after that. Since the amount of screen time used for school each day is variable, I can't just add x hours to the normal leisure and creative time limit. Is there a way to set this up in the normal family group settings? Multiple blocks within the day that have different rules?

:)

Defenestrar, Sep 8, 2020

2. How to set App Limits/Screen Time for School vs. Home/Fun

Now that school has started, I'm sure others will appreciate this question as we deal with our children learning from home.

What is the best way to set up app limits and screen time?

i.e., during the day I want my daughter to have access to her browser and zoom.

After school, I want to limit her to only an hour of "other stuff".

My other question is how to device screen time and app limits work together? If I allow an app to be used for 6 hours, but the Device limit is only 1 hour, will they be able to use the app for 6 hours and then all other apps that are undefined accumulate
    to that hour?

Thanks!!

ChrisVoisey, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Screen Time - Cant remove screen time limits

My daughter's account (she's 15) is part of my family account. When she updated her application a few days ago, now screen time limits are established. I do not want screen time limits. With this current Covid-19 issue, all kids are doing virtual online
    school all day, and homework into the night. I am not available every 3 hours to log in and add 3 more hours as at times I am at work. I've already selected the option to Turn Off Limits - however, it still locks her out every 3 hours.

How do I properly remove screen limits for my 15 year old child? Need help today.

Dragonbreath545, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Screen Time Limits Just Outside School Hours?

time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Screen Time Limits Just Outside School Hours?

1. Screen Time Limits Just Outside School Hours? - Similar Threads - Screen Limits Outside

2. Screen time limits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen time limits: I'm having an issue with the screen time limits. We add screen time limits for kids youtube, for 30 minutes a day. My children each have a tablet and an android phone. When the limit of 30 minutes is reached on one device, they can switch to the other and they somehow get an...
  3. Screen time limits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen time limits: I'm having an issue with the screen time limits. We add screen time limits for kids youtube, for 30 minutes a day. My children each have a tablet and an android phone. When the limit of 30 minutes is reached on one device, they can switch to the other and they somehow get an...
  4. Unlimited screen time during school hours

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unlimited screen time during school hours: I've setup "screen time" usage for my daughter's laptop - am familiar with multiple schedules within days and the like. I am looking to discover a solution for configuring screen time restrictions to only apply outside of school hours as she uses her laptop at school....
  5. How to I set screen time to not count during school hours

How to I set screen time to not count during school hours: My kids are part of a bring your own device program at school. I would like to set between 8:30 and 2:30 to not count toward their daily screen time limit and never lock their screen. How to i allow list these hours?...
  6. Screen Time Limit

Screen Time Limit: I need help in setting time limit with gaps in between. For example on Sunday i want to set time to 1pm to 3pm and the from 6pm to 7pm. Please help me becuase when i try to set the limit it takes a whole timeperiod for the day and doesnt have any option of adding break to it...
  7. How to set App Limits/Screen Time for School vs. Home/Fun

How to set App Limits/Screen Time for School vs. Home/Fun: Now that school has started, I'm sure others will appreciate this question as we deal with our children learning from home. What is the best way to set up app limits and screen time? i.e., during the day I want my daughter to have access to her browser and zoom. After...
  8. Screen time limits

Screen time limits: My child has screen time limits applied to his account. However, I did not set them or turn them on. How can this be ? Further more, I cannot turn them off. When I check on my account settings page, it shows that there are no restrictions for the child account. So, why...
  9. Screen Time and Limits

Screen Time and Limits: Hi, I just wanted to ask why microsoft family doesn't stop the screen time counter when I'm not signed in and I'm on my lock screen. Sometimes my laptop doesn't go to sleep when I close it and all my time slips down the drain while I'm not actually on the device....
  10. Screen time limitations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen time limitations: So when I want to login to my HP pavilion gaming laptop with windows 10 if that helps anyone I get greeted with a “Time’s Up!” But I already sent an email to my parent and I had 8 hours of screen time. Can anyone please help? Thanks....