Windows 10: Screen time limits keeps re-setting for just one of my children's accounts

Discus and support Screen time limits keeps re-setting for just one of my children's accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there.....I have been using MS family screen time limits for our three children's accounts successfully for several months now. We have it setup to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AndrewFlounders, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Screen time limits keeps re-setting for just one of my children's accounts

Hi there.....I have been using MS family screen time limits for our three children's accounts successfully for several months now. We have it setup to operate across three devices an X-Box, a Windows 10 PC and and Windows 10 laptop. Something has started happening recently with only my son's account. What has changed is that each time I return to login to My Family homepage, I notice that the slider to turn on "Use on schedule for all devices" button has reset to the OFF position. This only seems to be the case for my son's account. Consequently my son has free access to all devices at any time. If I manually slide the switch to ON then the screen time limits are reset and enabled again. Problem is as soon as I logoff and shutdown our Family homepage and family PC it seems that the slider button resets itself to OFF. Please can you can help by suggesting what I can do to overcome this frustrating problem. Do I have to delete and reinstall his account, for example ?? Many thanks in advance Andy

:)

AndrewFlounders, Mar 12, 2019

2. windows 10 time limits for my children

Hi Yisrael,

Setting up screen time limits can be done using your Microsoft account. We suggest logging in to your account on this

website
    . Once done, you can follow the steps in this article to set up time limits for your children's account.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Vijay B Win User
    time limits for children

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

When you add a child to your family, you can help make sure they're staying safe while they use the PC while still giving them the freedom to explore. You can make sure that adult websites are blocked, or specify just which sites you want your kids to see.
    You can also make sure they can only use apps and games that are appropriate for their age, and you can set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. Kids can ask your permission to keep browsing when their time
    is up, or to see or download anything that's blocked—together, you can decide the level of restriction that's right for them.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Keep your kids safer on the PC (Applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/set-pc-limits

Post us the results after you try the above steps.

Vijay B, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Screen time limits keeps re-setting for just one of my children's accounts

How to set Time limits for child account

Hi John,

It must be unfortunate that you end up with this situation. Let me help you.

This may be an issue if time user account files are corrupted. You may try these steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

You may need to delete if any corrupted files found, and re-download your settings from the Family Safety website. Here’s how:

• Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

• Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
    ENTER.

If you want to open each folder individually and delete, you may follow these steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap
      Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click
      Search.)

• Make sure that Apps is selected, and then enter
      Computer in the Search box.

• Tap or click to open the Computer app. Open
      C:, open the Program Data folder, open the
      Microsoft
      folder, open the Windows folder, and open the
      Parental Controls folder.

• Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

You may refer to the link for additional information.

Keep your family safer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/limit-setting-kids-pc#1TC=t1

Check if it helps.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Screen time limits keeps re-setting for just one of my children's accounts

1. Screen time limits keeps re-setting for just one of my children's accounts - Similar Threads - Screen limits keeps

2. Applications are not terminated after the time limit of my children’s accounts on Windows10.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Applications are not terminated after the time limit of my children’s accounts on Windows10.: Hi. I made my children’s Windows accounts for their safe using internet. Then I set up the time limit for their accounts. The problem is that the applications like youtube are still alive on the background, after the screen is turned off already. You can just think of ‘Black...
  3. I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.

I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.: Family safety screen time limits re-set themselves to unlimited every day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-use-ms-family-safety-to-limit-screen-time-for/c846a7b3-35d7-4c8c-8154-66fbf60c6f74
  4. I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.: Family safety screen time limits re-set themselves to unlimited every day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-use-ms-family-safety-to-limit-screen-time-for/c846a7b3-35d7-4c8c-8154-66fbf60c6f74
  5. I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Screen Time Limits on Child Accounts Not Working for All Children: Appears Random

Screen Time Limits on Child Accounts Not Working for All Children: Appears Random: I have a relatively large family. I have six children set up with their Microsoft account on three of our Windows 10 machines, and each child has screen time limits set with "Use one schedule on all devices" on. All children have logged in to at least two of the three...
  7. Setting screen time limits

Setting screen time limits: Hello, Two questions : Can i use any device using my credentials, to set screen time limits on a separate child's device or should i only do so on the actual device itself? I want to set a daily 3.5 hour time limit on the child's device. Do i have to specify exactly...
  8. No time limits set, but still limiting time

No time limits set, but still limiting time: I have kids who need to use Google Chrome for distance learning. When I enabled that app for them, it set a time limit. I have removed all app time limits on the kids accounts, but one of them is still blocked from using Chrome unless he asks an adult. How can I fix this...
  9. set screen time limits for one particular application

set screen time limits for one particular application: Can you set screen time limits for one particular application? I see you can set up limits in general - for example four hours per day, but I want to set a limit for one program for 30 minutes....
  10. Setting children accounts

Setting children accounts: Hi. I upgraded to win10 and tried to redefine my children accounts. I had no problem with one of them who had hotmail.com mail address. But I can't add the other one having outlook.com address. The invitation was sent to the child, he accepted it but his account is still...