Windows 10: Screen time: My computer threw me out

Discus and support Screen time: My computer threw me out in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While browsing, suddenly a window popped up, informing me that my screen time is up and threw me out. I am an adult and I use my computer for nearly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KikaRhf, Feb 6, 2021.

1. KikaRhf Win User

Screen time: My computer threw me out

While browsing, suddenly a window popped up, informing me that my screen time is up and threw me out. I am an adult and I use my computer for nearly one year now. Why did this happen and what can I do to change it. All the options given by the system are dead ends.

:)

KikaRhf, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Computer takes too long time to boot to Desktop screen.

Hi,

Before we assist you, we would like to know the below information,

• Do you receive an error code message?

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on the Computer?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    There are two possible explanations:

• An external device (mouse, printer) could be the culprit;

• This issue could be due to outdated display drivers and updating them could make the black screen disappear.
    I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1 – Check the external devices

• Unplug all external devices

• Restart the computer

• If the black screen has disappeared, add the devices back one at a time to see which piece of hardware is causing this issue

• Once identified, install updated drivers for that particular piece of hardware.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    install the updates
    again using the steps below, and restart the computer.

• Click on Check for updates, Windows will automatically download the latest updates.
    • In search type Check for updates and hit enter.
    If the computer does not load up within 1 minute, I suggest you to Press & hold the power button down until the laptop or PC clicks off. Leave for 1 minute and start up again using the power button. The upgrading windows screen should appear
    soon after.

Method 3:

I suggest you to follow the Fast startup option Settings, if you are able to boot to the desktop screen.

• You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Method 4: Try updating the display driver through device manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
        Update driver software.
    If that does not helps, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Right click on start screen.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 6, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen time: My computer threw me out - Similar Threads - Screen computer threw

2. I threw out my computer and want to recover my windows license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I threw out my computer and want to recover my windows license: I can see the device in my Microsoft account, but I do not have access to the computer since it does not exist physically anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-threw-out-my-computer-and-want-to-recover-my/5bcc7cc1-9247-4044-8674-75e2185fc099
  3. I threw out my computer and want to recover my windows license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I threw out my computer and want to recover my windows license: I can see the device in my Microsoft account, but I do not have access to the computer since it does not exist physically anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-threw-out-my-computer-and-want-to-recover-my/5bcc7cc1-9247-4044-8674-75e2185fc099
  4. I threw out my computer and want to recover my windows license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My computer locked me out?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer locked me out?: I have not touched my computer at all and my password was working yesterday, but today when I enter my password it locks me out. It says my password is incorrect and I have typed it multiple times, checked the caps lock, and made sure it was correct but it still won’t let me...
  6. Windows family safety screen time limit has locked me out of computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows family safety screen time limit has locked me out of computer: My daughter's computer has locked us out because of a screen time limit. It does not update or change once the limit is changed or removed. I have also removed her computer from my family account it no longer shows there, however, we are still locked out of the laptop. The...
  7. Screen time out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen time out: How do i set the screen so it stays open longer than 2 seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-time-out/3a6f09c4-7693-496c-ad18-b1ec95d8c788
  8. Resetting my computer locked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting my computer locked me out: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update * Moved...
  9. My computer is locking me out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is locking me out: i dont even know what to do at this point my start button and search button dont open when i click them i cant right click them when i try to run any thing in the run box it says my computer isnt ready the only things i can open are some of my files and my command prompt....
  10. Computer Timing Out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Timing Out: I am on W10 V 1709 and my last update was 7 Feb. For some reason my system is timing out after starting in about 10 min. How do I correct this ?? Thanks 104118