Windows 10: Screen time not working - clock continues to tick after sign out

Discus and support Screen time not working - clock continues to tick after sign out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I set up screen time for my kids but it does not work correctly. To be specific, even after they sign out, the clock seems to continue to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kazu301, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Kazu301 Win User

Screen time not working - clock continues to tick after sign out

Hello,

I set up screen time for my kids but it does not work correctly. To be specific, even after they sign out, the clock seems to continue to tick. This issue does not replicate everyday, but I would say with 30 to 40% of probability. Luckily(?) I could see the issue today so I looked into it a bit in detail.. Has anyone had similar issue and solve it? Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Around at 2 pm today, I realized that the “Activity” section of my kid’s account said that he had used our Surface Pro for 14 hours today already. It also said he used it for more than 11 hours yesterday. So it means he was regarded as using it since 1 pm yesterday. Of course, this is not true and I confirmed he signed out from the Surface.

After I confirmed that the clock was still ticking by seeing the time on Activity section was increased to 14 hours 12 mins, I shut down the Surface (it was not shut down since yesterday). 10 or 15 minutes later, I checked the Activity from my smartphone, and the time was still 14 hours 12 mins. Good. So I thought probably some garbage remained in his session, which prevented the clock from stop ticking.

Then, I logged on to the Surface using my account (not his account). After 20 minites or so, I saw that the time of my kid was now 14 hours and 29 minutes. What? How come did his clock resume? I had no clue. I had my kid sign in to the Surface. It said he could no longer use it today (because he already used it for 14 hours, whic makes sense). I allowed to extend by just 15 minutes, and then immediately signed out (not shut down) from his session. Now, it seems his clock stopped ticking. The time remains 14 hours 49 minutes and no longer increase.

That’s it. This is really strange behavor to me. Last but not least, I can confirm that the time zone setting of mine and my kid’s are set to the same time zone and should not affect this issue.

:)

Kazu301, Nov 25, 2018

2. Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 25, 2018
  3. SiSig_ Win User
    Clock displays wrong time

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of time and time zone:

• Press “Windows+X” and click on “control panel”.
    • On the left hand side click on “clock, language and region”.
    • Click on “change time zone”.
    • And then click on the tab “internet time” and click on “change settings”.
    • Check the box “synchronize with an internet time server” and also select the option “time.windows.com” from the drop down and click on “ok” and check if the issue persists.

SiSig_, Nov 25, 2018
  4. dancer048 Win User

Continuous spinning circle after signing in on Windows 10. At times the screen goes black

I downloaded Windows 10 awhile back and this is the second or third time I'm having problems. The difference this time is I cannot get to any screen passed the welcome screen. At times the screen goes black. I have read all the suggestions, and have done
    everything to try to stop the spinning circle and continue on, but to no avail. Please, please help me. Thanks!

OP - Continuous spinning circle after signing in on Windows 10

dancer048, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen time not working - clock continues to tick after sign out - Similar Threads - Screen working clock

2. No lock screen after Sign out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No lock screen after Sign out: Hi, I set the lock screen picture in Settings/Personalization/Lock screen -> Picture and it's visible only after doing Lock and Switch user from the Start menu. It's not working for the Sign out. There is black screen no background picture, also after starting the Windows it...
  3. No lock screen after Sign out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No lock screen after Sign out: Hi, I set the lock screen picture in Settings/Personalization/Lock screen -> Picture and it's visible only after doing Lock and Switch user from the Start menu. It's not working for the Sign out. There is black screen no background picture, also after starting the Windows it...
  4. Laptop not working after screen times out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not working after screen times out: I upgraded my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 and it worked fine for around a month. I left my laptop on and left for 10 minutes and when I come back, it timed out and became unresponsive. I moved my mouse and press keys but it still remained in sleep so I powered off by...
  5. code clock watchdog time out.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    code clock watchdog time out.: The blue screen with red code happens 3 or 4 times a day. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-clock-watchdog-time-out/d5df1459-c15f-4687-bf85-7fc505532fac
  6. screen time out display is not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen time out display is not working: sir i have changed the screen timeout display settings but they do not work as provided https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-time-out-display-is-not-working/71152174-f16f-4b91-9389-de8fff4b39fc
  7. Does Time Limit Clock Stop After User Signs Out?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does Time Limit Clock Stop After User Signs Out?: I have set a Time Limit of 2 hours for my child's Windows 10 device but it appears that even if my child signs out of Windows the Time Limit clock still continues to run. For example: if my child signs into Windows at 8:00am, signs out at 9:00am and then tries to sign in...
  8. the clock keeps ticking!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the clock keeps ticking!!: It doesn't happen every time, but once in a while, when I haven't finish solving one of the games but have to leave, the clock on that game keeps ticking. This happens after I've even turned my computer off!! I left yesterday with a little more than an hour on my time, and...
  9. clock time

in Windows 10 Customization
    clock time: My Asus windows 10 tablet will not keep time .I have to reset the time every time I boot up! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-time/cd5b8dd3-0543-4c4c-99db-e4aad8f1027e
  10. time clock ..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    time clock ..: the time on my pc is always wrong .. so I go to settings make sure zone is correct for uk . then change time settings set to correct time ok .. wen I click set to auto it goes to wrong time again .....