Windows 10: Screen time only works when power is plugged in

Discus and support Screen time only works when power is plugged in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; About a week ago, we found out that all the screen time settings only work when power is plugged in. If you unplug the power, restart the laptop, the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Actionable, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Screen time only works when power is plugged in

About a week ago, we found out that all the screen time settings only work when power is plugged in. If you unplug the power, restart the laptop, the screen time settings will all be gone. The kid can log in anytime he wants. Anybody saw similar thing? Thanks

:)

Actionable, Apr 16, 2019
  2. DianeGill Win User

about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Screen time only works when power is plugged in

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Screen time only works when power is plugged in

1. Screen time only works when power is plugged in - Similar Threads - Screen works power

2. My laptop works only when the charger is plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop works only when the charger is plugged: I bought asus rog strix g15 recently and it turned off while I was using it . And now it's not switching on untill I plug in the charger . It works only when the charger is plugged...
  3. Windows sleep timer not working only when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sleep timer not working only when plugged in: My laptop can't sleep automatically when plugged in, but I already set the sleep timer on battery 15 minutes and while plugged in 30 minutes. It only can sleep automatically if on battery but it can't sleep automatically while plugged in. I've already set the timer 30 minutes...
  4. Windows sleep timer not working only when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sleep timer not working only when plugged in: My laptop can't sleep automatically when plugged in, but I already set the sleep timer on battery 15 minutes and while plugged in 30 minutes. It only can sleep automatically if on battery but it can't sleep automatically while plugged in. I've already set the timer 30 minutes...
  5. Windows sleep timer not working only when plugged in

6. Task Scheduler works only when Plugged-In

Task Scheduler works only when Plugged-In: I've set up two tasks on Windows Task Scheduler, one is triggered when the device is locked and the other is triggered when the device is unlocked. But this works only when I connect my Laptop to a charger, otherwise, it doesn't work at all. I have both the tasks running on...
  7. MSI - Speakers only work when headphones are plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSI - Speakers only work when headphones are plugged in.: In September of 2019 I bought a MSI P65 CREATOR RE. After a few months of using, I started to get some problems with the sound. My speakers stops working but if I plug my headphones on the 3.5mm jack input, the sound starts working on speakers. As soon as I unplug the...
  8. Mic is only working when I plug headphones in!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic is only working when I plug headphones in!: Hi, The microphone on my work computer is only working, when I plug the headphones into the jack. They are normal headphone and do not have any type of voice input on them. I have tried troubleshooting, but no joy. The computer can detect the microphone, and the testing...
  9. Fully charged battery but laptop only works when plugged in to the power adaptor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fully charged battery but laptop only works when plugged in to the power adaptor: I'm using a Dell Precision 6100 laptop Running Windows 10 Pro The battery is fully charged The battery/power indicator light is flashing on the laptop. If I unplug the power adaptor, the laptop instantly turns off. All drivers are up to date. I've shutdown & restarted,...
  10. Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge: I purchased an acer aspire 3 a315-51-3879 just over a month ago. The charger wouldn't charge the laptop so I purchased a new charger with the same specifications which is working as it starts the laptop up however the laptop would not charge anymore. I am guessing there is a...