Windows 10: Screen time repeated requests?

Discus and support Screen time repeated requests? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Why is it possible for my son to re-request additional screen time when I have turned down his first request? When my son has about 15 minutes left... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RuneThorsteinsson, May 10, 2020.

1. Screen time repeated requests?

Why is it possible for my son to re-request additional screen time when I have turned down his first request?

When my son has about 15 minutes left of the allotted screen time he receives a pop-up enabling him to request more time. If I grant his request he gets more time and a new pop-up 15 minutes before the next cut-off time. If I ignore his first request he can request again as his time is running out, and I get another request e-mail in case I missed or forgot the first one, which is also fair enough, but if I turn down his first request, if I refuse to add more time, he stil gets a new pop-up to request more time after 15 min.

If I didn't want him to have more time the first time he asked, I probably still don't want him to have more time 15 min. later, so in the second pop-up after a denied request should not contain an option to request again, but just a message saying something like 'sorry, your request for more time was denied, you should save your work an close any applications as your account will be locked out shortly'.

Is this something you would consider for future updates?

:)

RuneThorsteinsson, May 10, 2020

2. Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Support Engineers:

Please read my issue and the steps I have already taken very carefully -

My Issue:

• I have screen time management setup for my children.
    • When they surpass their allocated time, they are presented with the option to request additional time (as expected).
    • PREVIOUSLY, I would receive an email asking for my approval to grant them additional time. I would approve and they would be able to use their accounts (as expected).
    • CURRENTLY, I no longer receive the email once they click on the request for more time. They are unable to log into their accounts which is impacting their ability to complete homework assignments.

Steps I have already tried that did not work:

• Rebooted
    • Tried to submit the request from multiple PCs
    • Deleted all files under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls folder
    • Tried running the Family Safety Time Limits tool (doesn't work on Windows 10)
    • Applied all known Windows Updates

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for your time

John Timotheou, May 10, 2020
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 10, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Screen time repeated requests?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Screen time repeated requests?

1. Screen time repeated requests? - Similar Threads - Screen repeated requests

2. request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd: i really dont know this happened, when i tried to ping google.com and it was good but when i ping vuejs.org got request timed out, but connection internet is working fine, only can't connected on cmd other than googleyou can see this...
  3. request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd: i really dont know this happened, when i tried to ping google.com and it was good but when i ping vuejs.org got request timed out, but connection internet is working fine, only can't connected on cmd other than googleyou can see this...
  4. Request time out in loading screens of games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Request time out in loading screens of games: Having a problem with my pc where every time I go into any kind of loading screen on a game I disconnect. I've done some minor troubleshooting but I'm quite puzzled at what to do now. I'll explain. I checked for packet loss by running cmd and going onto GTA and purposefully...
  5. Turn off screen time email requests

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turn off screen time email requests: Is there a way to allow parents to turn off EMAIL notifications of a child’s request for more screen time. We prefer to use the website or the Xbox family app to grant requests. Having to delete these emails in both of our accounts creates sn extra task when parents have...
  6. Child screen time request EMAILS

Child screen time request EMAILS: Please create an option to allow parents to turn off EMAIL notifications of a child’s request for more screen time. We prefer to use the website or the Xbox family app to grant requests. Having to delete these emails in both of our accounts creates sn extra task when parents...
  7. Repeated requests for password on Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Customization
    Repeated requests for password on Microsoft Teams: I get frequent requests for my TEAMS password. I have changed it daily and did so this morning. I was asked to confirm my password about 20-30 minutes later and put in the new password. I am told it wrong. This has happened day after day! This also happens on Skype I...
  8. OneNote 2016 repeated login requests

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2016 repeated login requests: I'm using OneNote 2016 on my Windows 10 machine. I'm also using the app on Android. Nearly every time I start OneNote 2016 on Windows 10 it prompts me to login. Sometimes it even prompts me for my login ID and password. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it, but that...
  9. Unable to send request for more screen time

Unable to send request for more screen time: Hi. I noticed my child is unable to request for more screen time when the VPN is connected. It works perfectly when the VPN is off. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-send-request-for-more-screen-time/6260bf14-815b-487d-9afb-1b7eb37408e9"
  10. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Time allotments for child request more screen time: Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?) 30 minutes 1 hour 2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This...