Windows 10: Screen time requests sent to mom successfully, but not working when accepted.

Discus and support Screen time requests sent to mom successfully, but not working when accepted. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello. The Screen Time limits that my parents set up on my account are fully functional when manually applied from the P.C., but remote requests do... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Daegel, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Daegel Win User

Screen time requests sent to mom successfully, but not working when accepted.

Hello.

The Screen Time limits that my parents set up on my account are fully functional when manually applied from the P.C., but remote requests do not process, even though they were accepted. What can I do?

I've also noticed that wpctok.exe is missing. What can I do to replace it?

Thanks,
    -Daegel Xenus

:)

Daegel, Nov 12, 2020

2. Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Support Engineers:

Please read my issue and the steps I have already taken very carefully -

My Issue:

• I have screen time management setup for my children.
    • When they surpass their allocated time, they are presented with the option to request additional time (as expected).
    • PREVIOUSLY, I would receive an email asking for my approval to grant them additional time. I would approve and they would be able to use their accounts (as expected).
    • CURRENTLY, I no longer receive the email once they click on the request for more time. They are unable to log into their accounts which is impacting their ability to complete homework assignments.

Steps I have already tried that did not work:

• Rebooted
    • Tried to submit the request from multiple PCs
    • Deleted all files under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls folder
    • Tried running the Family Safety Time Limits tool (doesn't work on Windows 10)
    • Applied all known Windows Updates

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for your time

John Timotheou, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Family screen time sending "Can <child> have more screen time?" requests to wrong email address

I have a Family set up with screen time limits for a child. Last night, they wanted more Minecraft time, so they clicked the "Request more time" button in Windows 10. I didn't receive an email.

I got into work this morning and found that the email had been sent to my work email address, not my home email address.

Previously, I had both email addresses registered with my Microsoft account. However, I have since removed my work email address from my Microsoft account. I can't even find a reference to it anywhere on the Microsoft account page.

Questions:

• How is it that the screen time requests are going to an email address that is no longer part of my account?
    • How can I adjust what email address the screen time requests are going to?

Mag Roader, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Screen time requests sent to mom successfully, but not working when accepted.

Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Hi Billion -

This is a good suggestion. I tried to remove the family member (the other adult on the account) and then re-add it. Then we tried sending a request from a child account. I got the request email, but she did not, so unfortunately this suggestion appears not
    to work.

What would cause one account to get emails and another account to not get them? I wish there was some diagnostic log exposed so it might be easier to get good recourse to these mysterious problems.

Do you have any other suggestions?

codekaizen, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Screen time requests sent to mom successfully, but not working when accepted.

1. Screen time requests sent to mom successfully, but not working when accepted. - Similar Threads - Screen requests sent

2. Screen time keeps making me request more time, mom cant figure out how to disable it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen time keeps making me request more time, mom cant figure out how to disable it: I've had this problem where after 10 pm, my computer wont let me go on it anymore and my mom can't figure out how to turn it off. Is there a way I can forcefully disable it without using the microsoft family app? Here is what it looks like...
  3. Screen time keeps making me request more time, mom cant figure out how to disable it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen time keeps making me request more time, mom cant figure out how to disable it: I've had this problem where after 10 pm, my computer wont let me go on it anymore and my mom can't figure out how to turn it off. Is there a way I can forcefully disable it without using the microsoft family app? Here is what it looks like...
  4. Screen time keeps making me request more time, mom cant figure out how to disable it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.: Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-sent-your-request-has-been-sent-to-the/dd6d7c89-868d-45d1-aef4-51b32fae02cf
  6. Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.: Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-sent-your-request-has-been-sent-to-the/dd6d7c89-868d-45d1-aef4-51b32fae02cf
  7. Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Screen time repeated requests?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time repeated requests?: Why is it possible for my son to re-request additional screen time when I have turned down his first request? When my son has about 15 minutes left of the allotted screen time he receives a pop-up enabling him to request more time. If I grant his request he gets more time...
  9. In the Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0, when a POST request is sent, a same GET request is sent...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In the Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0, when a POST request is sent, a same GET request is sent...: In the Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0, when a POST request is sent, a same GET request is sent too. But in the other browers, only one POST request is sent....
  10. Microsoft sent multiple requests for more screen time overnight, but no one was using the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft sent multiple requests for more screen time overnight, but no one was using the...: Question: What specific items in the audit log would help identify what caused "more time" requests to be sent? Background: The child account "William" sent multiple requests for more time overnight. I could not see a way to troubleshoot this, nor were there any useful...