Windows 10: Screen time restrictions not updating

Discus and support Screen time restrictions not updating in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So on a few of our computers accounts that have screen time restrictions, when screen time is added or disabled, they don't take any notice. For... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hagan Gray, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Screen time restrictions not updating

So on a few of our computers accounts that have screen time restrictions, when screen time is added or disabled, they don't take any notice. For example, with about 6 minutes left, a request gets accepted for 15 more minutes, and the computer takes no notice. Turning off after the limit has been reached, and even completely disabling screen time restrictions doesn't do anything. The only thing that fixes it is a restart, then the computer seems to 'notice' screen time has been changed. This is a pain, and it started happening only a few days after we started using screen time. We changed nothi

:)

Hagan Gray, Feb 21, 2023

2. Screen Time Restrictions Issue

I am trying to turn off screen time restrictions for my 17 year old child, but when I do, it still makes him ask for permission when using only Google Chrome. He can use Edge or anything else except Chrome. I would like the screen time restrictions to
    be off completely.

JustinOrme, Feb 21, 2023
  3. Screen Time Restrictions Issue

I am trying to turn off screen time restrictions for my 17 year old child, but when I do, it still makes him ask for permission when using only Google Chrome. He can use Edge or anything else except Chrome. I would like the screen time restrictions
    to be off completely.

JustinOrme, Feb 21, 2023
  4. 3Colors Win User

Screen time restrictions not updating

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Screen time restrictions not updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 21, 2023
Thema:

Screen time restrictions not updating

1. Screen time restrictions not updating - Similar Threads - Screen restrictions updating

2. Screen time restrictions not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen time restrictions not updating: So on a few of our computers accounts that have screen time restrictions, when screen time is added or disabled, they don't take any notice. For example, with about 6 minutes left, a request gets accepted for 15 more minutes, and the computer takes no notice. Turning off...
  3. Screen time restrictions not updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen time restrictions not updating: So on a few of our computers accounts that have screen time restrictions, when screen time is added or disabled, they don't take any notice. For example, with about 6 minutes left, a request gets accepted for 15 more minutes, and the computer takes no notice. Turning off...
  4. Time Restrictions Family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Restrictions Family group: I left the family group on my Microsoft account for I am no longer a child and removed myself from my old group my mom put me in when I was younger. Now it did remove the time restrictions but not for very long because as soon as I turned off my pc and turned it back on to...
  5. Screen time restrictions off, but apps are still being blocked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen time restrictions off, but apps are still being blocked.: Firefox and Chrome are still being blocked, even though all screen time restrictions are off. No other apps that I've seen are doing this, and it's been happening since yesterday. I've restarted the computer several times since then, but still no luck. If it helps, the Xbox...
  6. Screen Time Restrictions Issue

Screen Time Restrictions Issue: I am trying to turn off screen time restrictions for my 17 year old child, but when I do, it still makes him ask for permission when using only Google Chrome. He can use Edge or anything else except Chrome. I would like the screen time restrictions to be off completely....
  7. Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family.

Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family.: I just purchased a new laptop and set it up using my hotmail address. However when I went to finish the setup and start using my new PC, the time restriction pops up stating that I need to wait until tomorrow at 5:00pm. So a few minutes later I left my Microsoft family and...
  8. Game Time Restrictions

Game Time Restrictions: Hi, im trying to figure out how to add time restrictions specifically to games. I have normal time restrictions active, but i want to be able to restrict game time as well. Thanks...
  9. Windows do not restrict screen time for child account

Windows do not restrict screen time for child account: Hi! Screen time report shows 4+ hours of use, but in screen time limit I set up only 2 hours. What's wrong with my family settings? Why child can exceed screen time limit? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.

Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.: We have noticed recently that the Family time restrictions are permanently on. My son was grounded for a while and wasn't on the computer for a few weeks. I had the computer locked out for the entirety of the time. He was finally grounded and so I wanted to grant him more...