Windows 10: Screen Timeout not working on my Windows 11

Discus and support Screen Timeout not working on my Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My screen can't auto turning off, the only way to turn screen off is set timeout to 1 minute, if I set timeout to 2 minutes or more, the screen timeout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ra1nz, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Ra1nz Win User

Screen Timeout not working on my Windows 11

My screen can't auto turning off, the only way to turn screen off is set timeout to 1 minute, if I set timeout to 2 minutes or more, the screen timeout not working.I tried to remove all the USB device, but still not in effect, screensaver is off during the screen timeout testing process. Screensaver is not working too.I guess some device report itself at the rate of one per minute, but I don't know which device it is.

:)

Ra1nz, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 5, 2022
  3. Ed Spec Win User
    Windows 11 - Screen Timeout and Screensaver are not working

I am running Windows 11 and the screen timeout and screensaver function is not working at all regardless of the settings I use. Both functions were working , but stop working about two weeks ago. I am thinking that it might be a registry issue, but not sure. I am hoping that someone has a fix for this issue.

Ed Spec, Dec 5, 2022
  4. rqbii Win User

Screen timeout not working in Windows 10

Acer, Swift 3. Windows 10 Home edition. Version 1809. Build 17763.379. installed 1/16/2019. I followed your directions, to the letter. Troubleshooting "fixed" the extended screen timeout settings I had established met my needs, 20 minutes on battery,
    30 minutes on line power. Then I established a new, custom power plan with these screen timeout settings, made this my power plan, and rebooted. Then waited. Sure enough, ample time without the annoying screen timeout of approximately two minutes of inactivity.
    So I put the laptop in sleep mode, awoke it, and waited. Two minutes later, the screen timed out. So, no, the remedies suggested have not resolved the two minute inactivity screen timeout. It's apparent that when I use sleep mode to suspend activity,
    something in the operating system reverts to the extremely short, two minute inactivity screen timeout , essentially putting the computer back into sleep mode.

rqbii, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Screen Timeout not working on my Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Screen Timeout working

2. Screen Timeout not working on my Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Timeout not working on my Windows 11: My screen can't auto turning off, the only way to turn screen off is set timeout to 1 minute, if I set timeout to 2 minutes or more, the screen timeout not working.I tried to remove all the USB device, but still not in effect, screensaver is off during the screen timeout...
  3. Windows 11 - Screen Timeout and Screensaver are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Screen Timeout and Screensaver are not working: I am running Windows 11 and the screen timeout and screensaver function is not working at all regardless of the settings I use. Both functions were working , but stop working about two weeks ago. I am thinking that it might be a registry issue, but not sure. I am hoping that...
  4. Windows 11 - Screen Timeout and Screensaver are not working

Windows 11 - Screen Timeout and Screensaver are not working: I am running Windows 11 and the screen timeout and screensaver function is not working at all regardless of the settings I use. Both functions were working , but stop working about two weeks ago. I am thinking that it might be a registry issue, but not sure. I am hoping that...
  5. Windows 11 Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screen Timeout: My issue with the screen timeout settings is that no matter what I set the timeout to, the screen turns off after just a couple of minutes of inactivity, even if it set it to NEVER on battery or power. Power is set to BALANCED. I also ran the POWER trouble-shooting and no...
  6. Windows 11 Screen Timeout

Windows 11 Screen Timeout: My issue with the screen timeout settings is that no matter what I set the timeout to, the screen turns off after just a couple of minutes of inactivity, even if it set it to NEVER on battery or power. Power is set to BALANCED. I also ran the POWER trouble-shooting and no...
  7. Windows 11 Screen Timeout

Windows 11 Screen Timeout: No matter what I've tried I can't get my screens to turnoff after the set amount of time. I tried resetting power settings to default. Have tried it in the different places to get to power settings. I even tried reinstalling windows 11 clean. It's the same thing where my...
  8. Windows 11 Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screen Timeout: No matter what I've tried I can't get my screens to turnoff after the set amount of time. I tried resetting power settings to default. Have tried it in the different places to get to power settings. I even tried reinstalling windows 11 clean. It's the same thing where my...
  9. Windows 11 Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screen Timeout: So...is there anyway to stop my laptop from locking after only 1 min. of inactivity? I've changed every setting even changed to "NEVER" and it still locks after one minute of not touching it. It is driving me absolutely BONKERS!!! Nothing seems to work gone to the Registry...
  10. Windows 11 Screen Timeout

Windows 11 Screen Timeout: So...is there anyway to stop my laptop from locking after only 1 min. of inactivity? I've changed every setting even changed to "NEVER" and it still locks after one minute of not touching it. It is driving me absolutely BONKERS!!! Nothing seems to work gone to the Registry...