Windows 10: screen timeout/sleep

Discus and support screen timeout/sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my Acer is scheduled to go to sleep after 3 hours of away time (when plugged in) but goes to sleep after only a couple minutes. It is driving me crazy!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tars1987, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Tars1987 Win User

screen timeout/sleep

my Acer is scheduled to go to sleep after 3 hours of away time (when plugged in) but goes to sleep after only a couple minutes. It is driving me crazy! does anyone know what setting I may need to adjust?

:)

Tars1987, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

I have tried all options suggested like;

• changing lock setting in Persoanlize-lock screen-screen save settings- change wait value (doesnt hold value, whatever I set comes back to 2).
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Sleep-Sytem unattended sleep timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Display-Console lock display off timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • System file checker tool didnt find any correct/missing files "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us"
    None of the options work, after 2 minutes my computer locks. Is there any way out of this nightmare or should I switch to older windows?

B Prakash 0626, Mar 8, 2019
  4. screen timeout/sleep

Lock Screen Timer

Hi Peter,

Let us check the Screen timeout settings if the screen
    and sleep function are properly set. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start menu and then choose Settings.
    • Select Personalization and then go to Lock screen.
    • Click Screen timeout settings and make sure that Screen
      and Sleep are set to never.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

screen timeout/sleep

1. screen timeout/sleep - Similar Threads - screen timeout sleep

2. Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout: I've seen this Registry setting before, but I just did a web search and couldn't find it. When the screen times out and turns off, there are a couple of seconds during which you can wiggle the mouse or press the space bar and the screen will return, but not be locked. After...
  3. Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout: I've seen this Registry setting before, but I just did a web search and couldn't find it. When the screen times out and turns off, there are a couple of seconds during which you can wiggle the mouse or press the space bar and the screen will return, but not be locked. After...
  4. Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  6. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  7. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Schedule screen sleep timeout does not darken screen

Schedule screen sleep timeout does not darken screen: I have been experiencing this problem for at least the past three weeks (today is 11/27/2019). I normally have my power settings set to have the screen go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity. This was working fine up until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have been online for...
  9. Screen Timeout

Screen Timeout: Just got new computer for work with Windows 10 Pro I believe. No matter how many articles and advice posts I read and try, my screen locks out in 2 minutes and you have to log back in. Someone please help, this makes me want to choke someone out all day...
  10. Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout: So I have been having this problem for a couple of months and I do not know what to do. I have tried so many different things from many posts and I can't find anything that works. A few months ago I replaced my boot drive with an SSD drive. I did this by plugging in the SSD,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen sleep timeout settings