Windows 10: Screen Timeout

Discus and support Screen Timeout in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just got new computer for work with Windows 10 Pro I believe. No matter how many articles and advice posts I read and try, my screen locks out in 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MartinBoren, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Screen Timeout

Just got new computer for work with Windows 10 Pro I believe. No matter how many articles and advice posts I read and try, my screen locks out in 2 minutes and you have to log back in. Someone please help, this makes me want to choke someone out all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

MartinBoren, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 19, 2018
  3. How to extend or eliminate the timeout at sign in on an Acer Windows

Hi Lori,

To address your concern, we suggest that you adjust your screen timeout setting. It helps you set the time on how long before the screen will be locked due to inactivity.

You can follow the steps below on how to set your screen timeout:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, then choose Personalize.

2. Click Lock screen found on the left pane.

3. Click Screen timeout settings at the bottom part of the page.

4. Choose your preferred screen timeout on the drop down list under Screen.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Screen Timeout

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Screen Timeout

1. Screen Timeout - Similar Threads - Screen Timeout

2. set screen saver and turn off timeout for several displays in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    set screen saver and turn off timeout for several displays in Windows 10: I use dual monitor, Extend screen. When I'm working on one monitor the other one is idle, so it should go to screen saver or turn off In order not to be harmed. How can I set screen saver or screen turn off timeout for each monitor separately....
  3. Screen not turning on after a screen timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen not turning on after a screen timeout: So in my laptop, in the power and sleep settings, I have set the screen to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. Quite a number of times I have faced this situation where the screen does not turn back on when I hit any keys on the keyboard. After a long wait, I have to...
  4. Help blue screen PDC Watchdog timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help blue screen PDC Watchdog timeout: Hi, please can you Help me with a concurrent error in my laptop, blue screen with the message:"PDC Watchdog timeout", my O.S.:Win10, my drivers are updated , file.zip error from c:\windows\minidump:...
  5. Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute: [ATTACH] Posting my help request post here too since in my last post, I had someone help me. My lock screen doesn't work whenever I set my screen timeout in the Settings to anything more than 1 minute. It's happened for about a month now or so, after an update I think. My...
  6. Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time?: My Win10 PC will turn off the display if I boot the PC and let it idle on the Login Screen for a minute or two. How can I change that time? I want the display to remain active while sitting on the Login Screen. I've checked all the usual Power Management and local policies...
  7. Win10 Blue Screen Error PDC WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

Win10 Blue Screen Error PDC WATCHDOG TIMEOUT: Hi, I have an HP laptop model EliteBook 360 G7 recently purchased with preinstalled Win 10 pro 64bit , when waking up from sleep mode. its give me blue screen this is the 6th time in last 3 weeks I had to manually restart the laptop to work again, i lost my unsaved files I...
  8. Blue Screen Error PDC WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

Blue Screen Error PDC WATCHDOG TIMEOUT: Hi, I have an HP laptop model EliteBook 360 G7 recently purchased , when waking up from sleep mode. its give me blue screen this is the 6th time in last 3 weeks I had to manually restart the laptop to work again, i lost my unsaved files I recently had , update BIOS and...
  9. Blue Screen Error Win32k Power Watchdog Timeout

Blue Screen Error Win32k Power Watchdog Timeout: Hello, I had left my ASUS laptop turned on but closed and when I returned to use it, the monitor was black and the keyboard started flashing. After some time, a blue screen displayed a blue screen of death with the error Win32k Power Watchdog Timeout. I waited some time for...
  10. YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout: Since posting this back in late September, 2020, Microsoft followed up with KB4577063. I find that only YouTube videos are unresponsive after logging back in after 2 minutes of system inactivity. I used to be able to hit the Space Bar after logging back in. That is no...