Windows 10: Screen Timeout

Discus and support Screen Timeout in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just got new computer for work with Windows 10 Pro I believe. No matter how many articles and advice posts I read and try, my screen locks out in 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MartinBoren, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Screen Timeout

Just got new computer for work with Windows 10 Pro I believe. No matter how many articles and advice posts I read and try, my screen locks out in 2 minutes and you have to log back in. Someone please help, this makes me want to choke someone out all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

MartinBoren, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 19, 2018
  3. How to extend or eliminate the timeout at sign in on an Acer Windows

Hi Lori,

To address your concern, we suggest that you adjust your screen timeout setting. It helps you set the time on how long before the screen will be locked due to inactivity.

You can follow the steps below on how to set your screen timeout:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, then choose Personalize.

2. Click Lock screen found on the left pane.

3. Click Screen timeout settings at the bottom part of the page.

4. Choose your preferred screen timeout on the drop down list under Screen.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Screen Timeout

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Screen Timeout

1. Screen Timeout - Similar Threads - Screen Timeout

2. Screen timeout and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen timeout and password: I need my computer to lock out when the display turns off screen timeout or goes into screen saver. I can get the display to turn off and I can also get the screen saver to turn on; however when I resume there is no screen that ask for a password/pin. When the computer turns...
  3. Screen timeout and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen timeout and password: I need my computer to lock out when the display turns off screen timeout or goes into screen saver. I can get the display to turn off and I can also get the screen saver to turn on; however when I resume there is no screen that ask for a password/pin. When the computer turns...
  4. How to Fix PDC WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Blue Screen Error in AUSU ROG G512 LV ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix PDC WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Blue Screen Error in AUSU ROG G512 LV ?: How to Fix PDC WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Blue Screen Error in AUSU ROG G512 LV, it happens many times when my laptop is sleep and my mobile is connected via type c to my laptop, i have latest bios version....
  5. How to Fix PDC WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Blue Screen Error in AUSU ROG G512 LV ?

How to Fix PDC WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Blue Screen Error in AUSU ROG G512 LV ?: How to Fix PDC WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Blue Screen Error in AUSU ROG G512 LV, it happens many times when my laptop is sleep and my mobile is connected via type c to my laptop, i have latest bios version....
  6. Blue screen error stop code clock watchdog timeout on update Insider Preview...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen error stop code clock watchdog timeout on update Insider Preview...: I have an unrecoverable blue screen error stop code clock watchdog timeout as soon as my PC boots after the Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26058.1100 ge_release update. When I restart the PC, it restores the previous operating system version automatically without allowing...
  7. Blue screen error stop code clock watchdog timeout on update Insider Preview...

Blue screen error stop code clock watchdog timeout on update Insider Preview...: I have an unrecoverable blue screen error stop code clock watchdog timeout as soon as my PC boots after the Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26058.1100 ge_release update. When I restart the PC, it restores the previous operating system version automatically without allowing...
  8. Disable Screen timeout password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  9. Disable Screen timeout password

Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  10. How do I set my screen to lock on a timeout duration of more than 1 minute?

How do I set my screen to lock on a timeout duration of more than 1 minute?: I bought a new laptop with Windows 11, an ROG X13 running on AMD Ryzen 7 6800HS with 32gb RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU. I personally don't think those are relevant since I highly doubt it would interfere with my lock screen. But it has been asked before its...