Windows 10: screen times/ family settings

Discus and support screen times/ family settings in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dschaareman, May 11, 2022.

1. screen times/ family settings

I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a standard user, she doesn't know how to access her Microsoft account, but she logs in with her Microsoft account. Often, when screen time is up she asks for mlore time or also asks to unblock a certain site. So far so good. Now, when I shut down the PC for the night and start it the next morning, and checking the family settings, the screen times are set back to "no limits", "any time". So I have to set them again. The next day the settings are agai

:)

dschaareman, May 11, 2022
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, May 11, 2022
  3. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, May 11, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

screen times/ family settings

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 11, 2022
Thema:

screen times/ family settings

1. screen times/ family settings - Similar Threads - screen times family

2. screen times/ family settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen times/ family settings: I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a standard user, she doesn't know how to access her Microsoft account, but she logs in with her Microsoft account. Often, when...
  3. screen times/ family settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen times/ family settings: I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a standard user, she doesn't know how to access her Microsoft account, but she logs in with her Microsoft account. Often, when...
  4. This device is locked because of family settings for screen time

in Windows 10 News
    This device is locked because of family settings for screen time: If on your Windows 10 computer, you aren’t able to log in and you see a message that This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time, then this post might help you solve this problem. Such an issue occurs when you have set up a screen time limit for your...
  5. Family Screen Time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Screen Time: Hello, Recently I've been migrating from google to Microsoft, added myself to the family group which BTW I had to setup and create an account for my mother since she barely knows anything about technology. Screen time used to work normally on the google account. But since...
  6. family screen time

family screen time: so I am a child and I want to sign out of family Microsoft family Microsoft can you please fix this allow children to leave family please I will do anything because it keeps glitching instead of giving me an hour it gives me 30 minutes please reset my screen time thank you...
  7. Family Screen time

Family Screen time: Windows 10. All up to date. I have 3 children who I have set up screen time limits for - 30minutes on weekdays and 1 hour on weekends. However in the weekly reports they have been on for 2, 3 or even more hours per day. Some days it works and they receive 15 minute, 2...
  8. Family Settings Times

Family Settings Times: I have just set up Family account as my kids now have their own devices but the reporting time is not correct. Even though all devices are set to the same region and timezone the activity reports don't match the days and times my kids are on their devices. In addition when I...
  9. Family screen time

Family screen time: Hello I have recently got a desk to for my child and applied a set screen time. He has told me he can't use his computer at all even after removing the screen time. I can not get into the computer to add myself or even reboot the computer. I am shut out....
  10. Setting screen time in MS Family

Setting screen time in MS Family: As I see I can only set a screen time for my child with a minimum of 30 minutes. Can I change it and adjust the settings so I could set a screen time like 3.30 – 4.15?...