Windows 10: Screen times out even though it is set to never time out

Discus and support Screen times out even though it is set to never time out in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have exactly the same problem. It started for no apparent reason. I called Microsoft support and they reloaded Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnRodger, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Screen times out even though it is set to never time out

Split from this thread.​

I have exactly the same problem. It started for no apparent reason. I called Microsoft support and they reloaded Windows 10 but the problem still persists. The only time I do not have a problem is in Powerpoint slide presentation mode. If I have apps running they still run in the background.

If I am quick and rapidly move the mouse it reverts back to the application. The only way out of the problem once it occurs is to Ctrl, Alt, Delete. You are then presented with the log in screen.

On a long session on my desktop it can occur dozens of times.

:)

JohnRodger, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Lex Del Win User

Time setting

Hi Abdul,

Let's set your phone's time and date automatically by following the steps here:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Date + time.
    • Then, turn on the "Set automatically" option.

Let us know if it works out for you.

Lex Del, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

Screen times out even though it is set to never time out

Screen time

Hi,

Setting up time limit allows you to manage the time of a user on a computer. We suggest following the steps on this
    article as an initial troubleshooting step to resolve your issue.

Update us with outcome os we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Screen times out even though it is set to never time out

1. Screen times out even though it is set to never time out - Similar Threads - Screen times though

2. Screen locking even when screen time out is set to 'never'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking even when screen time out is set to 'never': My screen will lock less than 10 minutes after I have stopped actively using it. I have changed the screen timeout settings to 'never' for both when the laptop is plugged in and when it is running on battery power. I have also tried to change the time to '1 hour' to see if...
  3. Screen locking even when screen time out is set to 'never'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen locking even when screen time out is set to 'never': My screen will lock less than 10 minutes after I have stopped actively using it. I have changed the screen timeout settings to 'never' for both when the laptop is plugged in and when it is running on battery power. I have also tried to change the time to '1 hour' to see if...
  4. Screen locking even when screen time out is set to 'never'

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New pc timing out even though I'm on ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New pc timing out even though I'm on ethernet: So I'm having a issue with my new pc and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. The issue that I'm having is something to do with the ethernet connection to the pc I have tried to reset my router multiple times, I have bought a new ethernet cable, I've checked my...
  6. Screen time out

Screen time out: How do i set the screen so it stays open longer than 2 seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-time-out/3a6f09c4-7693-496c-ad18-b1ec95d8c788
  7. Screen Saver Time Time Out Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Saver Time Time Out Settings: My screen is timing out in less then a minute. I changed in the personalization screen but it is still timing out. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-time-time-out-settings/52460c6d-2820-4751-bea2-3e5c0e5bdc34
  8. Login Screen Times Out

Login Screen Times Out: The login screen times out after 30 seconds. So, when a young student is trying to input their login information, if they take longer than 30 seconds in between key strokes, it fades back to the Windows 10 hero image. Is there a way to extend the 30 seconds to longer? Just to...
  9. Lock screen time-out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen time-out: Is there any way to keep the lock screen from shutting me down if I don't do anything on the keyboard for a minute or 2 minutes, or whatever it is? I followed some instructions that I found on the internet that involve adding ".bak" or ".backup" to the lock screen file in...
  10. Windows 10 - Screen times out even when set to "Never".

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Screen times out even when set to "Never".: I just installed the official release of Windows 10 on five PCs. On two of the five PCs, even though I have both the Screen Saver and Screen Timeout set to "Never", Windows 10 blanks the monitor after 1 minute of inactivity. I've checked every setting I can think of and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display timeout set to never but still times out

2. computer times out even when set to never