Windows 10: Screen timout

Discus and support Screen timout in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,I have a Asus Zenbook 13 OLED and I use it with an external monitor. I have set the the screen timeout to 3 min to prevent from OLED Burn on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tsc_2201, Oct 25, 2021.

  1. Tsc_2201 Win User

    Screen timout


    Hi,I have a Asus Zenbook 13 OLED and I use it with an external monitor. I have set the the screen timeout to 3 min to prevent from OLED Burn on the laptop display. Now this setting is also carried out on the external monitor. Is there a possibility, that I can set the screen timeout on the OLED laptop screen to 3 min and indefinite on the external? My laptop screen is turned off while using the external monitor.

    :)
     
    Tsc_2201, Oct 25, 2021
    #1
  2. Sasqui Win User

    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

    Here's a quick laundry list:

    List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

    Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds
     
    Sasqui, Oct 25, 2021
    #2
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Blue Screen-error with error msg - Clock_Watchdog-Timout

    Hi,

    I appreciate you for performing troubleshooting steps to fix the issue from your end.

    I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in booting to your desktop screen.

    This issue might occur due to the specified processor is not processing interrupts. Typically, this occurs when the processor is nonresponsive or is deadlocked. It may also be due to outdated/corrupted drivers.

    I suggest you to try repairing the system using Windows 10 installation media and check if it helps.

    Follow the below steps:


    • Create installation media for windows 10.

      Refer to the below link:

      Download Windows 10

    • Insert the Windows 10 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

    • After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from DVD". Press any key.

    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    Please get back to us with an update in upgrading to Windows 10 Operating System. I will be glad to assist you.

    Thank you.
     
    Swapna S, Oct 25, 2021
    #3
  4. Screen timout

    Laptop with broken screen How much?

    I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

    Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd
     
    Eric_On_Web, Oct 25, 2021
    #4
Thema:

Screen timout

Loading...
  1. Screen timout - Similar Threads - Screen timout

  2. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices: Microsoft has confirmed that recent Windows 11 updates can leave some devices on a black screen after sign-in, with the desktop session failing to load, according to a new entry on the Windows release health dashboard. The issue affects Windows 11 versions 24H2, 25H2, and...
  3. Changed resolution, now black screen on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Changed resolution, now black screen on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows 11 allows users to change the display resolution. All the supported screen resolutions are shown in Windows 11 Settings. Some users changed the display resolution and are now facing a black screen issue on Windows 11. If the display goes black even after...
  4. Grey screen after Update in Windows 11 [Fix]

    in Windows 10 News
    Grey screen after Update in Windows 11 [Fix]: [ATTACH]Microsoft regularly provides updates for Windows 11. These updates bring significant performance improvements, fix bugs, and introduce new features. It is okay to see some errors and issues while and after installing Windows updates, as they can be easily fixed. Some...
  5. Windows 11 Tests Toggle to Force Apps to Open Maximized, Aiding Small Screens and Handhelds

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Tests Toggle to Force Apps to Open Maximized, Aiding Small Screens and Handhelds: Microsoft is testing a Windows 11 feature that allows users to set apps to open maximized by default. Most apps currently open in windowed mode unless the user changes this setting. The new toggle, found in recent Windows 11 preview builds, is expected to help devices with...
  6. My full screen start setup. First time owning a windows tablet and tablet mode actually...

    in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My full screen start setup. First time owning a windows tablet and tablet mode actually...: [ATTACH] I never really liked the start screen and tiles on desktops, tbh. submitted by /u/AespaBestGG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1vs5jls/my_full_screen_start_setup_first_time_owning_a/
  7. The Windows 10 lock screen photo is becoming a travel destination, and it’s a real New...

    in Windows 10 News
    The Windows 10 lock screen photo is becoming a travel destination, and it’s a real New...: The Windows 10 lock screen photo, the sweeping shot of sea caves and dunes that greeted a billion desktops for a decade, has become a viral travel destination. Steve McCurry, the photojournalist behind National Geographic’s Afghan Girl, shot the image in New Zealand for...
  8. Windows 11 screen turns off when set to Never

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 screen turns off when set to Never: [ATTACH]Windows lets you decide how long your display should remain on before it automatically turns off during periods of inactivity. Many users set this option to Never to keep the screen active while monitoring downloads, security cameras, dashboards, presentations, or...
  9. Screen timout

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen timout: Hi,I have a Asus Zenbook 13 OLED and I use it with an external monitor. I have set the the screen timeout to 3 min to prevent from OLED Burn on the laptop display. Now this setting is also carried out on the external monitor. Is there a possibility, that I can set the screen...
  10. Screen timout

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen timout: Hi,I have a Asus Zenbook 13 OLED and I use it with an external monitor. I have set the the screen timeout to 3 min to prevent from OLED Burn on the laptop display. Now this setting is also carried out on the external monitor. Is there a possibility, that I can set the screen...