Windows 10: Screen too Big!

Discus and support Screen too Big! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop is connected to my HD TV via an HDTV cable. But the blown-up screen encroaches beyond the 42"HD frame, so I have a difficult time scrolling,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thailen, Jul 30, 2015.

1. thailen Win User

Screen too Big!

My laptop is connected to my HD TV via an HDTV cable. But the blown-up screen encroaches beyond the 42"HD frame, so I have a difficult time scrolling, getting to the bottom and top bars. I want to settings and display, but I couldn't figure out how to shrink the screen enough to do the things you want to do...I need a STEP-BY-STEP instruction on how to do it.

:)

thailen, Jul 30, 2015

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Screen Size Is Too Big

I figured it out. My computer had updated and somehow the screen resolution on my monitor had changed. I changed the screen size to "fit to screen" and that worked.

When I tried to answer the questions posed by the one trying to help me, the email came back with a 'bad address'. I tried it again and had the same result.

GayleHausmann, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Screen too Big!

its simple. restart XD

Then download the graphics drivers for your graphics card.

airwolf3924, Jul 30, 2015
  5. thailen Win User
    I never heard of XD. What and where is it?

thailen, Jul 30, 2015
  6. nick Win User
    Ok, this is a simple fix, well as you know... you CANNOT see the windows square icon on the bottom left of your tv, but just go all the way to the far left corner of your tv and right click, then the list window appears but barely.
    Click on Control Panel
    Under Appearance and Personalization click on Adjust screen resolution
    Now click on Multiple Displays:
    Select "Duplicate these Displays"
    Click Apply at the bottom of page.
    YOUR DONE

7. nick Win User
    Ok, this is a simple fix, well as you know... you CANNOT see the windows square icon on the bottom left of your tv, but just go all the way to the far left corner of your tv and right click, then the list window appears but barely.
    Click on Control Panel
    Under Appearance and Personalization click on Adjust screen resolution
    Now click on Multiple Displays:
    Select "Duplicate these Displays"
    Click Apply at the bottom of page.
    YOUR DONE

8. YOU
    You Win User

Screen too Big!

Be sure to change the second screen's resolution to something suitable for r TV, HD res should be fine.

9. thailen Win User
    I appreciate your trying to help, but when I saw Multiple Displays or Duplicate These Displays, neither of which could be clicked, while Apply was also greyed out. Another avenue, on another attempt to change the
    size, including Advanced Settings, for example, I clicked on Magnifier,
    which only gave me the option of INCREASING the screen, not shrinking it.
    Many options, but none works...

thailen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Screen too Big!

1. Screen too Big! - Similar Threads - Screen too Big

2. Notepad is too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is too big: Hi, I just created a script with AutoHot Key and don't like the Notepad window display on the screen. It used to me a manageable window but now takes up the entire desktop and I can't reduce the size of it. Is there anything I can do to make the window smaller? Thanks...
  3. Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor: The recommended screen resolution 1920 x 1080 has recently become too big for my monitor. When I delete the driver and let windows replace it [Intel UHD Graphics 630], the screen resolution is correct, but after a moment or two it reverts to being too big. This is a...
  4. Screen too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen too big: My windows 10 screen is too big and I don’t know how to revert back. When I turn the laptop on, it is too big and I cannot click anything to log in. I cannot access resolution and magnifier does not work. I tried the hold shift and restart but that has failed too....
  5. Display is TOO big

Display is TOO big: Am I the only person with this problem?? I've hunted everywhere! I recently got a new computer with Windows 10. I also got a new monitor. The monitor I got is a 32" very wide screen. I don't know if my issue is due to the screen or W10. I've adjusted my size to as low...
  6. Screen size too big

Screen size too big: Hey everyone My monitor dies so I temporarily theived a 13' led toshiba tv I have around. Connected via HDMI Running Windows 10 insider latest build My desktop is way too large to fit on the screen. I have to drag the tasl bar up to its maximum height just to see it....
  7. My screen resolution is too big

My screen resolution is too big: My screen resolution is too big and i cant see the most things.I have windows 10 and a Nvidia GeForce 1050 please help.Btw i have a tv for a monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-resolution-is-too-big/7bb6c088-426a-448c-aee2-ac6b0bcc7dc9
  8. Screen too big of Panda Pop

Screen too big of Panda Pop: I play Panda Pop, on Facebook, a lot, but a while back the picture of the game became narrow and longer. I have to scroll up and down to see what's going on at the top and bottom! It is very frustrating! Is there some way to fix this? I have no idea what happened to...
  9. fonts are too big

in Windows 10 Support
    fonts are too big: My wife hit something and now my fonts are too big. I'd like to get the letters back to the smaller version as they are waaaay too big. Can anyone help? 105368
  10. Opening pic on screen too big....

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening pic on screen too big....: Finally given up trying to find how ro reduce the size of a pic on the start up screen, the one that shows the date and time..... Appreciate any help thanks. *Smile 97703