Windows 10: Screen too bright even at 0

Discus and support Screen too bright even at 0 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the most recent windows update, my screen is way too bright, even with brightness set to 0. I'm very light sensitive, and have had a difficult... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Faunajoy, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Faunajoy Win User

Screen too bright even at 0

After the most recent windows update, my screen is way too bright, even with brightness set to 0. I'm very light sensitive, and have had a difficult time doing anything on this computer, even in dark mode. Is there some way to turn everything down even farther? I can't keep using my computer like this, it gives me migraines.

:)

Faunajoy, Aug 26, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Aug 26, 2019
  3. joner131 Win User
    brightness stuck at 0% black screen!

0% brightness on my laptop means a completely black screen, i accidentally set it to 0% yesterday and can't figure out how to reset it..

I have tried updating graphics drivers in safe mode, but upon restarting it just remembers the previous brightness setting and reverts back to 0%

I have also tried booting in low resolution mode, also just shows a black screen.

I could spend buy a HDMI cable and use my TV as a second monitor to fix the issue, but I don't have the money!

joner131, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Screen too bright even at 0

Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Screen too bright even at 0

1. Screen too bright even at 0 - Similar Threads - Screen too bright

2. brightness stuck at 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    brightness stuck at 0: Laptop model: Hp pavillion 15 eh1009ur.the problem is when my laptop is sleeping or turned off and i turn it back on the brightness is stuck at 0 i went into settings and changed it to 100 and the screen is still dark like 0 so i dont know whats wrong and my friend also had...
  3. brightness stuck at 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brightness stuck at 0: Laptop model: Hp pavillion 15 eh1009ur.the problem is when my laptop is sleeping or turned off and i turn it back on the brightness is stuck at 0 i went into settings and changed it to 100 and the screen is still dark like 0 so i dont know whats wrong and my friend also had...
  4. brightness stuck at 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turning Brightness to 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning Brightness to 0%: Hey all,I'm using Windows 11 Pro 21H2, OS build 22000.652. I want to keep my computer running at night while using an auto-clicker. To save electricity and reduce light in my bedroom, I want to turn my monitor to 0% brightness.I have checked the settings, and the minimum...
  6. Screen brightness too high

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen brightness too high: So i update my display drivers today,and my screen suddenly became all bright,i am using windows 10 version 1709 and my moniter brightness is already at the lowest....how do i fix this submitted by /u/Zuala69 [link] [comments]...
  7. 0% brightness is too much in a dark Room . How to configure minimum brightness on laptop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    0% brightness is too much in a dark Room . How to configure minimum brightness on laptop...: I would like to know if there is a way to continue to lower the backlight brightness when the brightness slider is already on the 0%. Since I need a dimmer screen. I'm using a laptop, so there's no physical buttons that control monitor brightness. I have correctly...
  8. brightness stuck at 0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    brightness stuck at 0: For some reason my brightness dropped to zero and when i try to change, it brightens for half a second or so and goes back to 0 Anyone have an idea how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-stuck-at-0/0111641b-e177-47af-ab09-a5ac40ffa0a1
  9. brightness stuck at 0% black screen!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    brightness stuck at 0% black screen!: 0% brightness on my laptop means a completely black screen, i accidentally set it to 0% yesterday and can't figure out how to reset it.. I have tried updating graphics drivers in safe mode, but upon restarting it just remembers the previous brightness setting and reverts...
  10. brightness stuck at 0% black screen!

in Windows 10 Support
    brightness stuck at 0% black screen!: 0% brightness on my laptop means a completely black screen, i accidentally set it to 0% yesterday and can't figure out how to reset it.. I have tried updating graphics drivers in safe mode, but upon restarting it just remembers the previous brightness setting and reverts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen too bright even at 0%

2. my windows 10 screen still soi bright even if 0% in setting