Windows 10: screen turn off when I plug out my charging cable

Discus and support screen turn off when I plug out my charging cable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi my screen turn off when I plug out my charging cable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by matuschudik, Mar 18, 2019.

1. screen turn off when I plug out my charging cable

Hi my screen turn off when I plug out my charging cable

:)

matuschudik, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Mar 18, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Plugged In, Not Charging

Sometimes depending on your Windows 10 Build, your battery will not charge to 100%, this extends the life of your battery . . . plug out the laptop, drain the battery for 10 - 15 minutes, plug it back in and see if it starts to charge the battery

If however, your battery is not charging at all in Windows 10, follow these steps to rectify this issue:

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Zeeba# Win User

screen turn off when I plug out my charging cable

0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

screen turn off when I plug out my charging cable

1. screen turn off when I plug out my charging cable - Similar Threads - screen turn off

2. Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & charging is turned ON / OFF.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & charging is turned ON / OFF.: To,Microsoft Community.Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Laptop. I am facing issue while restarting as follows:→ When My laptop charger is plugged off removed from charging port, I try to restart my laptop, It restarts properly. → When My laptop...
  3. Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & charging is turned ON / OFF.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & charging is turned ON / OFF.: To,Microsoft Community.Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Laptop. I am facing issue while restarting as follows:→ When My laptop charger is plugged off removed from charging port, I try to restart my laptop, It restarts properly. → When My laptop...
  4. when I insert the charging cable into my laptop it completely turns off same when I take...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when I insert the charging cable into my laptop it completely turns off same when I take...: hello, I have a problem with my laptopwhen my laptop needs to charge, I insert the charging cable and charge it, but one time when I was inserting my charging cable. my laptop just completely turns off and when I try to turn it on again it doesn't power on at all. after like...
  5. when I insert the charging cable into my laptop it completely turns off same when I take...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I insert the charging cable into my laptop it completely turns off same when I take...: hello, I have a problem with my laptopwhen my laptop needs to charge, I insert the charging cable and charge it, but one time when I was inserting my charging cable. my laptop just completely turns off and when I try to turn it on again it doesn't power on at all. after like...
  6. when I insert the charging cable into my laptop it completely turns off same when I take...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Screen not turn off when wireless remote plug-in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen not turn off when wireless remote plug-in: Hello, my screen not turn off when i am plug in wireless remote like tv mouse remote when i am plug out the remote evreything is ok why is it happening? THX!!...
  8. My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord: So I have a Lenovo Laptop and whenever I unplug the power cord the screen fades out as if my brightness is changing. Whenever I put in the power cord it returns to normal. But when I type or press anything it is still going through....
  9. Windows 10,Screen goes off when I plug in HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10,Screen goes off when I plug in HDMI cable: Hi, Can somebody please Help Why does the Computer screen go off when I plug in the HDMI CABLE It is fine on my Laptop But My Desktop does not Like it It use to Work Fine until the last Windows 10 installation in Early February 2020...
  10. Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!: First post but this is driving me crazy. I can't find anyone else struggling with this. My laptop suddenly turned itself off and the battery was dead...properly dead. It would still work while plugged in but would sporadically turn itself off. So I ordered a new battery...