Windows 10: Screen turns black after 30 seconds

Discus and support Screen turns black after 30 seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a laptop in a docking station with two screens connected - it has worked well for one year. Suddenly, and as I remember, right after accepting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by B Sandberg, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Screen turns black after 30 seconds

I use a laptop in a docking station with two screens connected - it has worked well for one year.

Suddenly, and as I remember, right after accepting a systems update, screen 1 turns black, looses connection to the computer approx 30 seconds after I have turned on the computer/restarted the computer. I have checked that cables are OK and have switched dock ports etc. and it is always screen 1 that turns black.

I suspect it has something to do with the upgrade. If anyone knows how to fix it I will be grateful to hear from you, thanks.

:)

B Sandberg, Sep 5, 2018

2. Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore

Screen went black about 30 seconds into system restore. This was over two hours ago. Should I reboot even though it says not to turn computer off once the process begins? Any suggestions are appreciated.

FuzzyMidget, Sep 5, 2018
  3. koolking Win User
    Monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes

I did exactly as you said--EXACTLY!!! I uninstalled the driver as you said to. I deleted the driver for "this device"--exactly as you said to...!!!

My monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes now as I write this (from my laptop).

I even tried to boot off the DVD I made from the Win 10 ISO file but it wouldn't boot off of it.

What do l do now????????!!!!!!!!!

RS

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

What is the make and model of your system?

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Graphic card drivers and check.

Uninstall and re-install the Graphic card device driver

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Go to Display adaptor and expand it and you would see the Graphics Card device, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.

d) On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

e) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, go to the Device Manager again by following the steps mentioned above and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button. Check if Windows detects the Graphics Card device and installs an appropriate driver automatically.

If it doesn’t install the driver, I would suggest you to go to the manufacture website and install the latest graphic card drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Changing the title

Old title – Message for Ashish Sondhi

New title- Monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes

koolking, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Screen turns black after 30 seconds

Screen turns black, system "hybernating"

Turned it on - after almost an entire day without touching it - and worked for 3 hours before the same screen black, system hibernating happened again.

Checked the temperature throughout and the cores registered at max 56 and 50.

Suggestions?

trail_of_fiends, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen turns black after 30 seconds

1. Screen turns black after 30 seconds - Similar Threads - Screen turns black

2. Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.: This keeps happening every 30 seconds. The screen goes black for 3seconds~ then everything comes back to normal without doing anything. If i am on browser i can still see the taskbar turning black and if i stay on desktop i can see the entire screen turns back. Even though...
  3. Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.: This keeps happening every 30 seconds. The screen goes black for 3seconds~ then everything comes back to normal without doing anything. If i am on browser i can still see the taskbar turning black and if i stay on desktop i can see the entire screen turns back. Even though...
  4. Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds: I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro computer surface laptop 4 and now after 30 seconds the screen dims. When I move the mouse, the screen lightens up again. Then in 30 seconds it dims again.Any ideas?Thanks,Ken...
  6. Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds: I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro computer surface laptop 4 and now after 30 seconds the screen dims. When I move the mouse, the screen lightens up again. Then in 30 seconds it dims again.Any ideas?Thanks,Ken...
  7. Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Black Screen on Xbox Game captures 30 seconds back

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Black Screen on Xbox Game captures 30 seconds back: I've seen a people post about a black screen whenever they record the last 30 seconds of it and the clip is just a black screen. The solution for this is not to play on full screen or not ALT+TAB because of windows getting confused on which screen to record. However I want a...
  9. Monitor turns black after one second

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor turns black after one second: Hey there, Not sure if this is graphics card related, but it might, so here we go... After long years of being able to successfully troubleshoot most problems myself, I´ve hit a dead end with this one: Recently my secondary monitor stopped working in a weird way: After...
  10. 30-60 second black screen with cursor on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    30-60 second black screen with cursor on boot: This has been happening ever since I upgraded to 10 about 2 weeks ago. I start the computer, 3 second ASUS logo, then windows 10 logo comes up and it loads for about 10-20 seconds, then I get a black screen with a cursor for 30-60 seconds, followed by another loading screen...