Windows 10: Screen turns black for a second and apps seem to act weird

Discus and support Screen turns black for a second and apps seem to act weird in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Recently I started getting weird bugs where my screen would turn black for a second or two, and the apps would seem to reopen or something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by teaYq, Apr 18, 2021.

1. teaYq Win User

Screen turns black for a second and apps seem to act weird

Hello! Recently I started getting weird bugs where my screen would turn black for a second or two, and the apps would seem to reopen or something like that. They don't seem to stop working, but It feels like they start loading UI over already opened UI, I'd describe it like that. For example, Google Chrome's interface turns into windows 7 version of it for a few seconds and then turns back to normal, but sometimes stops responding to scrolls and any interactions until reopened, and Discord client just shows black screen until reopened as well. Taskbar at the bottom also turns 2 shades darker, as if there were 2 of them loaded. What could be the cause of such a weird behavior and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

:)

teaYq, Apr 18, 2021

2. Computer is acting weird

My windows 10 has been acting weird recently and it would randomly open up random apps when im not touching the computer. I have reset it many times it, tried to shut it down than turn it back on but nothing is working.its also virus protected but it still
    acts weird.

jaquelinesumba, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Screen turns black for a second and apps seem to act weird

Screen turns weird after screenshotting?

Hi Phan,

What does weird mean in this case? Upside down? The colors distorted?

Let’s try a hard shut down (push and hold the power button down for 10 seconds) - screen should go black. Let it sit for a few seconds. Then turn it back on, is the screen back to normal?

Give me a little bit more info and we’ll figure this one out!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Screen turns black for a second and apps seem to act weird

1. Screen turns black for a second and apps seem to act weird - Similar Threads - Screen turns black

2. Screen and mouse pointer acting weirdly on Adobe apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and mouse pointer acting weirdly on Adobe apps.: Please check this video first - https://vimeo.com/728596448As you can see, when I click the eraser tool, screen goes insane. I have tried almost every possible solutions including drive update, reinstalling PS, installing different version and even changing the mouse pointer...
  3. Screen and mouse pointer acting weirdly on Adobe apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen and mouse pointer acting weirdly on Adobe apps.: Please check this video first - https://vimeo.com/728596448As you can see, when I click the eraser tool, screen goes insane. I have tried almost every possible solutions including drive update, reinstalling PS, installing different version and even changing the mouse pointer...
  4. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird black screen: This happened just now, I have an expensive Acer Nitro 5 laptop, and while I was talking to my friends on an app app caled discord, random black screen, no cursor, nothing, I restart, and after a few seconds the same black screen pops up, there is no sound, nothing, I then...
  5. Monitor turns black and PC acts weird.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor turns black and PC acts weird.: Randomly after about 10 minutes of use my monitor goes black and the fans get louder. The led’s on my fans also turn to the color that they do when I turn my pc on or off. I can’t do anything after this happens. Can’t even use the power button on the case. Please help!!...
  6. Microsoft store apps acting weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store apps acting weird: [IMG] Recently all the microsoft store apps on my windows 10 PC have started "updating", and it says it will be available shortly. The microsoft store app works fine, I have run the troublshotter many times, and it says there is no problem. I've also reset the microsoft...
  7. my lock screen is acting weird

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my lock screen is acting weird: so, i have a medion akoya computer and you know how there is the lock screen with the picture and the lock screen with the login box, whenever i try to go onto the lock screen with the login box, it goes back to the lock screen with the picture instead. now, before you say...
  8. Microsoft account acting weird in apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account acting weird in apps: Hello! I've been trying to login to my MS account in the Store App, however, when I log in it says "We encountered an error, please try again later", and no matter how many times I try, it never works. This is the same for Xbox Companion and every other app that needs my...
  9. Screen glitch scratch and acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen glitch scratch and acting weird: https://vimeo.com/302179798 It has happened way before I restarted. Then I go ahead with hard restart and this happened. I suspected that I have ran heavy load on my graphic card (model training with tensorflow gpu). Any help?...
  10. Screen turns black after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns black after 30 seconds: I use a laptop in a docking station with two screens connected - it has worked well for one year. Suddenly, and as I remember, right after accepting a systems update, screen 1 turns black, looses connection to the computer approx 30 seconds after I have turned on the...