Windows 10: Screen turns black, than the PC crashes and reboots.

Discus and support Screen turns black, than the PC crashes and reboots. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I currently have an old Win10 Laptop with dedicated GPU from nVidia. I have ben suffering from this problem from a long time, wich is that after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nícollas Soares, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Screen turns black, than the PC crashes and reboots.

I currently have an old Win10 Laptop with dedicated GPU from nVidia.

I have ben suffering from this problem from a long time, wich is that after booting the PC up and logging in if i wait for a few minutes the Screen goes black, it stays about 1 minute this way. After that the FAN spins at maximun speed, and after a couple minutes the PC reboots.

I have identified that it's probably something with:

a A windows Update interfering with the graphics driver

b Graphics driver presenting some anomalies

To stop this from happening I just need to open any game before the screen goes black, any game at all.

As soon I quit the game, I can count from 1 sec to 1 minute and PC can shut down any time.

I have made some recent discoveries about how to prolong the uptime:

a After I boot up the PC I'll give it about 10 minutes on the login screen,

b As long I don't open any videos or open any games It won't shut off if I stop teh video playing or the game.

I have already tried to run Whocrashed but had no CrashDumps. Tried to rollback to previous GPU drivers but without success. Reinstalled windows without success.

It's not about CPU/GPU overheating bc I measured it and it's running at normal temperature rigth before it shuts down.
    Also Steam seems to forget where CSGO is installed everytime it shuts down.

:)

Nícollas Soares, Jul 25, 2020

2. PC crash to black screen

I attempted all of the solutions and the issue still occured but changed slightly. I can now access the homepage after sign in, but it will normally crash once more after sitting there for a bit. The crash screen changed as well. The screen will now go
    to a black screen, then the monitor will turn off, turn on once more, flash 2 green squares for about a second, then go back to the black screen. The pc still boots fine in safe mode.

AndrewDelaney, Jul 25, 2020
  3. PC crash to black screen

Hi Andrew,

Your concern regarding the black/blank screen issue after updating the graphics card can be caused by a change on the device settings or corrupted system files. As an initial step to isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the methods suggested
    on this support article. Select the option that's related to your concern to view the appropriate steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Screen turns black, than the PC crashes and reboots.

Black screen when turning on PC

Original Title: Problems with turning on the pc

I turn on the pc, it shows asus on the screen, and than the microsoft windows logo, and than it is only black on the screen and it never shows the desktop but the pc is turn on, and it never shows the the desktop on the screen. Than I restart the pc with
    the small button and than pc turn on sucessfully so I can use it!

Can you help telling me where is the problem with windows 10? this problem happened when I installed windows 10...

DomagojVukman, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Screen turns black, than the PC crashes and reboots.

1. Screen turns black, than the PC crashes and reboots. - Similar Threads - Screen turns black

2. Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff800cbd735050Parameter 2: fffff804982463a0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  3. Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff800cbd735050Parameter 2: fffff804982463a0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  4. My computer screen turns black & pc crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer screen turns black & pc crashes: When working with files on 2 usb scandisk storage devices after a while my pc crashes with a black screen. This started last week. Both devices are plugged into the back ports. I end up shutting the pc off. I'm using Win 10. What is wrong?...
  5. My computer screen turns black & pc crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer screen turns black & pc crashes: When working with files on 2 usb scandisk storage devices after a while my pc crashes with a black screen. This started last week. Both devices are plugged into the back ports. I end up shutting the pc off. I'm using Win 10. What is wrong?...
  6. My computer screen turns black & pc crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Pc turns to black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc turns to black screen: This week my pc started restarting himself and its randomly one when i playing one when i tried open a game its happened 2 times and today its just turns to black and my monitor said no singal after that my pc just stand open until i press power button and shutdown it....
  8. PC Crashing to Black Screen

PC Crashing to Black Screen: Hello, I have been having issues with my pc crashing for a few months now. The crashes steadily got worse over time. The crash involves my pc freezing for 2 - 3 seconds and then the monitor going black but the pc doesnt restart itself it will stay on until i shut it off. My...
  9. Screen Turns Black and Application crashes

Screen Turns Black and Application crashes: Hello, I have a Problem. Whenever I use Unity Game Dev Engine and start a Project its really laggy and when i use it a few secods the Screen turns black for around 1 second. When i see something again The Unity Window is white and i can't use it anymore. It also crashed a...
  10. Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD)

Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD): My monitor turned black and became unresponsive. My PC created a LiveKernelReport but I do not know how to interpret it. Appreciate if someone can point out the problem so that I can fix it. [IMG]...