Windows 10: Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates

Discus and support Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I found an issue with the windows display. The screen suddenly turns black, then after that the mouse duplicates. My screen recording softwares,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniel Walters2010, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates

So I found an issue with the windows display. The screen suddenly turns black, then after that the mouse duplicates. My screen recording softwares, like OBS, does not record the glitch. How do I fix this issue like using the regedit? Thanks!

:)

Daniel Walters2010, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jun 5, 2023
  3. Screen turns black with the mouse cursor after login

Hi Rayabrishami,

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion given by Andre Da Costa under the error section, "Black Screen during installation" and check if it helps;

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

You can also refer to the suggestion given by Sharath Srinivasa in the link below and try the steps under the section "black screen after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor" :

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 5, 2023
  4. Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates

Issue Duplicating Screen

Hi Coltswrestling,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Have you tried connecting
      using different cables?
    3. Have you tried to duplicating laptop display to TV via HDMI?

You may try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: Change screen resolution on PC

1. Go to your desktop, right-click your mouse and go to
      Display Settings
    2. On the settings Window, click on “Advanced display settings”.
    3. From the drop down menu, select the “Recommended” resolution and check the status of the issue.

Method 2

Sometimes this issue might occur possible due to faulty drivers. It is required to update the necessary display drivers to fix the issue. Please refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to Update the drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    and Set up dual monitors on Windows 10
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates

1. Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates - Similar Threads - Screen turns black

2. Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates: So I found an issue with the windows display. The screen suddenly turns black, then after that the mouse duplicates. My screen recording softwares, like OBS, does not record the glitch. How do I fix this issue like using the regedit? Thanks!...
  3. Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates: So I found an issue with the windows display. The screen suddenly turns black, then after that the mouse duplicates. My screen recording softwares, like OBS, does not record the glitch. How do I fix this issue like using the regedit? Thanks!...
  4. Turn one duplicated screen by 180°

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn one duplicated screen by 180°: Hello all, I would like to duplicate my screen on Windows 10 to two seperate monitors, so that I have the same output on both, but one of them is turned by 180°. So please let me know whether there is a way to duplicate the screen while at the same time flip one of the...
  5. black screen with mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    black screen with mouse: so this probably started 2 weeks ago. i had a black screen with mouse cursor. i tried everything and nothing worked so i had to re download windows. fast forward to today the same issue happened. i’ve done everything again even gone back to a restore point of the day i re...
  6. Black screen with mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with mouse: I have a problem with my laptop where I have black screen but my mouse still shows and the sign in screen works as well but my desktop for some reason is just black? I don’t know how to fix this so I hope someone can. submitted by /u/Argentnoodle [link] [comments]...
  7. Black Screen with mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with mouse: Hi, my windows 10 laptop suddenly got black screen with a pointer whenever i boot up. Had already looked only for some fixes and none so far has worked Also tried resetting my laptop but it keeps undoing it. I can still use "pheonix os" as i have dual booted it, this has...
  8. Screen turns black

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen turns black: I can be on my laptop then all of a sudden the screen would turn black and it will stay like that. Or when it is in hibernation mode I can't wake it up. I have a Acer Es1-533-c3vd is runs on windows 10. For example I can be writing an email then, a light will flicker and...
  9. Black Screen with Mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with Mouse: My friend recently experience this similar scenario but their computer did not allow them to load into safe mode. I have no idea outside of safe mode with how to fix this. they claim it could be a virus since a family member of theirs tried to download something before he got...
  10. Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse: While using PowerPlanner7, I believe I may have accidentally turned off display or brightness to 0. I am unsure if I successfully made it back to the desktop after rebooting(my attempt to solve the problem). I have tried searching the Internet for shortcuts that re-enable...