Windows 10: screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc

Discus and support screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, i recently moved and drained my liquid cooled PC prior to moving. I decided to reset my computer in my new home and have since had problems. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jesse Glover, Feb 27, 2024.

1. screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc

Hello, i recently moved and drained my liquid cooled PC prior to moving. I decided to reset my computer in my new home and have since had problems. The screen on my pc while gaming randomly went black, and theres a red dot on the GPU flashing. I have to reset the computer to continue. Sometimes it doesnt happen again for an hour and sometimes 10 minutes. The first time this happened the GPU was rather warm after.Computer components:Asus TUF 4090Intel 12900KAsus ROG Formula z69064 GB DDR5 Corsair RamMSI Meg ai1300 PSUGPU / Motherboard / CPU all liquid cooled with corsair hydro x loop.i had an

:)

Jesse Glover, Feb 27, 2024
  2. anthonytn Win User

Screen turns black while playing game can still hear audio though, have to reset pc or it'll be stuck on the black screen

It started while I was playing a game. My screen went black but I could still hear my friends in discord and the game audio and youtube in the background.

I waited a while to see if just the game simply crashed but my monitor never turned back on so I had to restart my pc.

anthonytn, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 27, 2024
  4. boi2023 Win User

screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc

screen turns black when launching game

When I launch a game like Fortnite or PUBG the screen goes black, all I can see is the cursor and hear the game audio and nothing else so if you have a solution please tell me

boi2023, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc

1. screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc - Similar Threads - screen turns black

2. Black Screening while gaming but can still hear discord and other audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screening while gaming but can still hear discord and other audio.: I've tried sfc/scannow and no integrity violations were found.I have also tried reinstalling nvida and the drivers as well but it still keeps happening.I have checked the reliability history and i can see this critical error.DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  3. Black Screening while gaming but can still hear discord and other audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screening while gaming but can still hear discord and other audio.: I've tried sfc/scannow and no integrity violations were found.I have also tried reinstalling nvida and the drivers as well but it still keeps happening.I have checked the reliability history and i can see this critical error.DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  4. Screen turns black while in game/outside of game but I can still hear audio, have to reset...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns black while in game/outside of game but I can still hear audio, have to reset...: Hello The image just freezes and I can still hear sound and move the mouse. oHwever, no inputs work. When i take out the hdmi and put it back again, I get signal but it's a all black picture and I can no longer see the cursor while still being able to hear whatever sound is...
  5. Screen turns black while in game/outside of game but I can still hear audio, have to reset...

Screen turns black while in game/outside of game but I can still hear audio, have to reset...: Hello The image just freezes and I can still hear sound and move the mouse. oHwever, no inputs work. When i take out the hdmi and put it back again, I get signal but it's a all black picture and I can no longer see the cursor while still being able to hear whatever sound is...
  6. screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc

screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc: Hello, i recently moved and drained my liquid cooled PC prior to moving. I decided to reset my computer in my new home and have since had problems. The screen on my pc while gaming randomly went black, and theres a red dot on the GPU flashing. I have to reset the computer to...
  7. Screen turns black while playing game can still hear audio though, have to reset pc or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns black while playing game can still hear audio though, have to reset pc or...: It started while I was playing a game. My screen went black but I could still hear my friends in discord and the game audio and youtube in the background.I waited a while to see if just the game simply crashed but my monitor never turned back on so I had to restart my pc....
  8. Screen turns black while playing game can still hear audio though, have to reset pc or...

Screen turns black while playing game can still hear audio though, have to reset pc or...: It started while I was playing a game. My screen went black but I could still hear my friends in discord and the game audio and youtube in the background.I waited a while to see if just the game simply crashed but my monitor never turned back on so I had to restart my pc....
  9. Screen turns black while playing game can still hear audio though, have to reset pc or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Screen turns black while in game can still hear audio, have to reset pc to see again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns black while in game can still hear audio, have to reset pc to see again: Hello I recently have begun to have these issues since 8/29/21It started with this error while I was playing a game. My screen went black but I could still hear my friends in discord and the game audio.I waited a while to see if just the game simply crashed but my monitor...