Windows 10: Screen turns into a kind of "transparent look"

Discus and support Screen turns into a kind of "transparent look" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, when I switch from one program to another, the window turns transparent for a while until I click several times on it. Sometimes it happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Guillermo_03, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Screen turns into a kind of "transparent look"

Hello,

when I switch from one program to another, the window turns transparent for a while until I click several times on it. Sometimes it happens inside Chrome, specially in Youtube, but also in system applications such as the file searcher.

I can't upload any screenshot as evidence because even though the screen looks like what I've described, when I look at the screenshot I've taken, it is just fine, with no problems at all.

Please if anyone knows how to solve it, tell me.

:)

Guillermo_03, Nov 22, 2020

2. Transparency function

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution on your concern regarding transparency function, we need the following information:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • Could you possibly send us a screenshot of your transparency effects page?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Make only start screen background transparent

I like to have my start screen fullscreen. I also do like that it shows the desktop background when transparency effects are turned on. I, however, don't like all of the other transparency effects (taskbar, hover previews, the whole fluent design system,
    etc.) as it makes my system slow. If I turn off the transparency effects from Personalization settings, all of these are turned off which I like. What I don't like is that the desktop background that was visible on the start screen is now not showing (it's
    a solid color, not an image).

Is there a way to turn all of the other transparency effects off while keeping the start screen background transparency? Or completely change the start screen background independent of the desktop background?

Thanks, any kind of help is appreciated.

(I understand there might not be a standard way to do this. I am expecting some kind of a registry tweak, etc.)

frederick99f1, Nov 22, 2020
  4. W2hCYK Win User

Screen turns into a kind of "transparent look"

Transparent Screens

I would say that this is basically a clear plastic projector screen with a chemical in it to reflect certain wavelengths of light, and then allow light that we see to pass through it, so it seems transparent. If the whole room was lit with a light that was of a similar wavelength, then the screen would be rendered useless. I could only see this as a cheap way to have screens outdoors, without damaging any hardware, and only the screen. Good concept, it feels futuristic. lol..

W2hCYK, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Screen turns into a kind of "transparent look"

1. Screen turns into a kind of "transparent look" - Similar Threads - Screen turns kind

2. Windows taskbar looks more darker and transparent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar looks more darker and transparent: this was before and this was after anyone know how i can get the old version back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-taskbar-looks-more-darker-and-transparent/6359c09a-a7dd-46f5-bbd2-4e3ec9df600b
  3. Windows taskbar looks more darker and transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows taskbar looks more darker and transparent: this was before and this was after anyone know how i can get the old version back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-taskbar-looks-more-darker-and-transparent/6359c09a-a7dd-46f5-bbd2-4e3ec9df600b
  4. Windows taskbar looks more darker and transparent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows looking for some kind of app for defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows looking for some kind of app for defender: Hello I want to set up my security using windows defender.However, it's looking for an appWhat kind of app is it looking for defender is included in the computer and used it before.I just upgraded to Windows 11 recently , tried restarting several. I haven't done anything...
  6. windows looking for some kind of app for defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows looking for some kind of app for defender: Hello I want to set up my security using windows defender.However, it's looking for an appWhat kind of app is it looking for defender is included in the computer and used it before.I just upgraded to Windows 11 recently , tried restarting several. I haven't done anything...
  7. Transparency effect looks blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency effect looks blank: I did a clean install of Windows 10 on my pc and when i tried to turn off transparency effects it looks like this, i tried running sfc scannow, dism and nothing of those worked, i need help...
  8. Tiles look transparent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tiles look transparent: Hey everyone, so for a long time now my Start menu has had the tiles with a transparent background and I have no idea how to fix it. The backgrounds were always blue before since that's the color I use for Windows and I didn't change any settings that had something to do with...
  9. Task bar turning transparent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar turning transparent: [IMG] Hi, usually my taskbar looks like this: https://preview.redd.it/ym02jrjrihz51.png?width=1153&format=png&auto=webp&s=1033ed31d609c77286583adcf98abd12bf885bba But when I change my convertible into tablet mode and return back to standard mode, the taskbar turns...
  10. Transparent/Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent/Screen: I get this when I click on the login button. It's kinda of cool but maybe a bug. 10041 [img] 4868