Windows 10: Screen turns off after 1 minute

Discus and support Screen turns off after 1 minute in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/star-dash-438, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Screen turns off after 1 minute

I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I change the screen saver to 60 minutes and then turn screen saver off, the screen goes back to turning off after 1 minute.

submitted by /u/star-dash-438
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/star-dash-438, Jan 10, 2021

2. Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the settings of Windows are not working the way they are supposed to.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    2. What is the exact model of the PC?

Refer the article to know
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the power troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below to run the troubleshooter.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix problems look for
      Power.
    3. Click on it and select
      Run the troubleshooter
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Change the screen saver time and check.

1. Go to Settings >
      Personalization > Lock screen.
    2. Now click on Screen saver settings.
    3. On the screen saver window change the
      wait time as per your choice.
    4. Click on Apply and
      OK.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Screen set to turn off after 10 minutes turns off after 1 minute when locked.

Hi everyone,

I've set my screen to turn off after 10 minutes.

When I lock my screen (Win+L) it shows my Lock Screen picture but after just 1 minute it turns off.

By the way, It has not anything to do with the screen saver as I've tried to set its timeout to a greater value than 10 minutes wether turned on and off.

Should anyone know how to solve this, please, let me know.

Kind regards,

Miguel

Miguel ÁngelFernández González, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Screen turns off after 1 minute

Windows 10 sleeps after every 1 minutes

Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run power troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and without quotes and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the top of the window

• Click System and Security on left panel.

• Click Power, new window will popup.

• Follow the on screen instructions.
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article:

Shut down (turn off), sleep, or hibernate your PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-shut-down-turn-off-pc

(Steps applies to Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps. If you have any further queries, please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Screen turns off after 1 minute

1. Screen turns off after 1 minute - Similar Threads - Screen turns off

2. lockup screen after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lockup screen after 1 minute: I have installed a new lenovo t16 laptop with windows 11 prothe lockup is still after 1 minute. I tried all settings for power/batteries/lockup/ screensaver to 30 min and still no resultalso the screensaver that has been specified does not come up - just black screenii is...
  3. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  4. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  5. Screen turn off in 2 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen turn off in 2 minutes: Hey,Every time I leave the room, even for 2 minutes windows is locked and the display is turning off.Dynamic lock is off; andDisplay settings are:Does some has a clue how to stop it? Win 10...
  6. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  7. Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes: Hello, My screen on my Dell XPS 9570 turns off after 30 minutes exactly, to the second! even while I am actively using it. Upon using the keyboard or touchpad I re-enter the lock screen, where I can log in using fingerprint per usual. I checked the event viewer logs, and...
  8. Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.: Hello. I have a HP 15s-eq0005nv laptop. Since I bought this laptop 9 months ago, every time I get an update something goes wrong and "breaks". Recently I have been having a huge problem with this laptop. When I click to shut down my laptop the screen turns off normally, but...
  9. Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.

Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.: Hello. Ever since I installed the May 2020 update, my screen will not turn off after 15 minutes like I set it to. This is a fresh installation of the OS, I even tried using "sfc /scannow" but no corrupted files were found. I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is...
  10. Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?

Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?: I've looked it all up and tried everything, but in the one place I need it, it won't let me press apply so I can't get it to work. This is really annoying and I'd really like to disable it because I use my computer to draw a lot. Please help... 56894

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screen truning off after a minute in lcons creen

2. screen turns off after one minute