Windows 10: Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes

Discus and support Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, My screen on my Dell XPS 9570 turns off after 30 minutes exactly, to the second! even while I am actively using it. Upon using the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jackr_12221, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes

Hello,

My screen on my Dell XPS 9570 turns off after 30 minutes exactly, to the second! even while I am actively using it. Upon using the keyboard or touchpad I re-enter the lock screen, where I can log in using fingerprint per usual. I checked the event viewer logs, and this happens when my screen shuts off:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 11/14/2020 2:46:54 PM

Event ID: 506

Task Category: 157

Level: Information

Keywords: 1024,4

User: SYSTEM

Computer: xps15

Description:

The system is entering connected standby

Reason: SC_MONITORPOWER.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>506</EventID>

<Version>3</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>157</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000404</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-11-14T19:46:54.5796389Z" />

<EventRecordID>61765</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="1348" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>xps15</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="Reason">3</Data>

<Data Name="LidOpenState">true</Data>

<Data Name="ExternalMonitorConnectedState">false</Data>

<Data Name="ScenarioInstanceId">43</Data>

<Data Name="BatteryRemainingCapacityOnEnter">79549</Data>

<Data Name="BatteryFullChargeCapacityOnEnter">79549</Data>

<Data Name="ScenarioInstanceIdV2">43</Data>

<Data Name="BootId">194</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

My power options have configured the screen to never shut off when plugged in, and I am plugged in when this occurs. I am running build 19042.630 insider beta channel. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Jackr_12221, Nov 15, 2020
  2. koolking Win User

Monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes

I did exactly as you said--EXACTLY!!! I uninstalled the driver as you said to. I deleted the driver for "this device"--exactly as you said to...!!!

My monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes now as I write this (from my laptop).

I even tried to boot off the DVD I made from the Win 10 ISO file but it wouldn't boot off of it.

What do l do now????????!!!!!!!!!

RS

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

What is the make and model of your system?

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Graphic card drivers and check.

Uninstall and re-install the Graphic card device driver

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Go to Display adaptor and expand it and you would see the Graphics Card device, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.

d) On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

e) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, go to the Device Manager again by following the steps mentioned above and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button. Check if Windows detects the Graphics Card device and installs an appropriate driver automatically.

If it doesn’t install the driver, I would suggest you to go to the manufacture website and install the latest graphic card drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Changing the title

Old title – Message for Ashish Sondhi

New title- Monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes

koolking, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

Let's start with the obvious, did you click 'Save changes'?

Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes

1. Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes - Similar Threads - Screen Turns Off

2. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes: Hi, so recently I have been having problems with my PC. Last week I had it repaired, and I turned it on, updating drivers and stuff. At first, it was working perfectly fine, but yesterday I forgot to update my GPU drivers so I upgraded and after 30 minutes or so it shut down...
  3. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes: Hi, so recently I have been having problems with my PC. Last week I had it repaired, and I turned it on, updating drivers and stuff. At first, it was working perfectly fine, but yesterday I forgot to update my GPU drivers so I upgraded and after 30 minutes or so it shut down...
  4. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  6. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  7. Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.: Hello. Ever since I installed the May 2020 update, my screen will not turn off after 15 minutes like I set it to. This is a fresh installation of the OS, I even tried using "sfc /scannow" but no corrupted files were found. I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is...
  8. Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes.: Hello, I have recently updated my laptop to the newest version of Windows. Since i updated it, if i leave it idle for 3 minutes, it automatically shuts itself off completely, however all apps remain running. I checked every power saving function, all of them are turned...
  9. Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.: I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes. I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on. Any suggestions why this is not working? 100518
  10. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity: Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine. GA-X79-UD7 I7-3930k GTX 770 Last week the monitor started...