Windows 10: Screen turns off and immediately turns back on when Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050...

Discus and support Screen turns off and immediately turns back on when Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I spent an hour with Dell Technical Support trying to figure out why my four large screens never turn off. At whatever time is set in "Power & sleep"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Peter LWard, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Screen turns off and immediately turns back on when Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050...

I spent an hour with Dell Technical Support trying to figure out why my four large screens never turn off. At whatever time is set in "Power & sleep" the screens turn off, go black, and then within seconds come back on. Everything works fine if I use a wired keyboard and wired mouse. But it fails as soon as I plug the dongle in, even if the batteries are removed from wireless keyboard and from wireless mouse. Previous discussions in the MS Community mention this problem and one user says his 5000 keyboard works fine, but not his 5050 keyboard. 5000 keyboards are hard to buy these days and are very costly. Has Microsoft found a solution to this problem or do I have to avoid using Microsoft keyboards?

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell Precision 5820. I only have a ScanSnap scanner and a label printer directly attached to my USB ports. All software is up to date and all drivers for keyboards are up to date. We have checked and unchecked boxes such as "Allow this device to wake computer" with no improvement either way.

:)

Peter LWard, Apr 10, 2020

2. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5050

Is there a way to set an on screen display to notify caps lock is on / off on the Wireless Comfort 5050 desktop keyboard? Very frustrating that there is no light on the keyboard!

JanieBigWeb, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050 Keyboard

Hi Michelle,

We understand that keyboard keys may sometimes be confusing, and the help of product guide will definitely help us in figuring out how this things work. Here is the an

article
    where you can find the product guide of Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050.

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Screen turns off and immediately turns back on when Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050...

Bill Smithers, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Screen turns off and immediately turns back on when Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050...

1. Screen turns off and immediately turns back on when Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050... - Similar Threads - Screen turns off

2. Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050 DOES NOT WORK ABSOLUTELY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050 DOES NOT WORK ABSOLUTELY: It`s SHAME that Microsoft $70 keyboard DOES NOT WORK on Microsoft system.I have Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050 on Windows 11 and additional keys do WHAT THEY WANT.Even volume down key turns volume up more often than sometimes !They does not execute what is assigned in...
  3. Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050 DOES NOT WORK ABSOLUTELY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050 DOES NOT WORK ABSOLUTELY: It`s SHAME that Microsoft $70 keyboard DOES NOT WORK on Microsoft system.I have Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050 on Windows 11 and additional keys do WHAT THEY WANT.Even volume down key turns volume up more often than sometimes !They does not execute what is assigned in...
  4. Windows 10 PC Screen Turns Back On Immediately After Turning Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC Screen Turns Back On Immediately After Turning Off: Hello! My Windows 10 PC just started having this problem. The screen is set to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. When the screen turns off, it immediately turns back on. In power management, the computer is set to never go to sleep. It's not a sleep problem. It's the...
  5. Windows 10 PC Screen Turns Back On Immediately After Turning Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC Screen Turns Back On Immediately After Turning Off: Hello! My Windows 10 PC just started having this problem. The screen is set to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. When the screen turns off, it immediately turns back on. In power management, the computer is set to never go to sleep. It's not a sleep problem. It's the...
  6. Windows 10 PC Screen Turns Back On Immediately After Turning Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft Comfort Keyboard and Mouse 5050

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Comfort Keyboard and Mouse 5050: My keyboard does not type all the letters and the backspace works sporadically. I sometimes have to hit the backspace several times before it catches up. The mouse is all over the place. I have to continually move it from the mouse pad to the desk to a notebook to click...
  8. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  9. MS comfort keyboard 5050

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS comfort keyboard 5050: Hello, I have two of the MS comfort keyboards 5050. No doggles for either. Can I pair these to a laptop or computer? or are they dead in the water and only good for parts as I've read a few responses on other questions that the end result was they are not blue tooth but a 2.4...
  10. Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer: My screens keep turning back on immediately after the "When plugged in, turn off after X" time is reached. The screens fade to black and seem to be going to sleep like usual, but turn back on immediately. This problem just started happening and the feature worked fine before....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off on screen keypad

2. microsoft wireless keyboard activity after display turned off