Windows 10: screen turns off but sound keep playing for one or two secends

Discus and support screen turns off but sound keep playing for one or two secends in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my screen turns off but the sound keeps playing for a few seconds, then it turns off too. the power light in the case blinks but I have no output.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AbbasGhaderi, Jun 24, 2020.

1. screen turns off but sound keep playing for one or two secends

Hi,
    my screen turns off but the sound keeps playing for a few seconds, then it turns off too. the power light in the case blinks but I have no output. so I have no choice but to restart the computer.

I am suspicious that using two monitors are the cause. please help me find whats wrong with my PC.

here is the application and system log from Event viewer: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvM4pMAZ3epJfrDGGwtvDc3Moi4?e=Gd8qfo

:)

AbbasGhaderi, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Truckin2U Win User

Turn screen keyboard sound off

Steps to turn off/on key sounds for Touch
    Keyboard in Windows
    10: Step 1: Enter Settings. Step 2: Choose Devices to move on. Step 3: Open Typing, and then switch off or on Play key
    sounds as I type under Touch keyboard. Related Articles:
    Turn off Click Sound for On-Screen
    Keyboard in Windows

These steps don't work for me, for don't have switch off or on Play key
    sounds as I type. I have gone into typing and turned everything off. What else can I do?

Truckin2U, Jun 24, 2020
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 24, 2020
  4. screen turns off but sound keep playing for one or two secends

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

screen turns off but sound keep playing for one or two secends

1. screen turns off but sound keep playing for one or two secends - Similar Threads - screen turns off

2. Laptop sound/speaker keeps turning on/off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop sound/speaker keeps turning on/off: Hi,The laptop sound/speaker keeps on turning of and off when I connect bluetooth speaker. I replaced the headphones but the problem still persists. I tried to roll back the updates but it does not allow me to. I got this link but it's not helping in my...
  3. Laptop sound/speaker keeps turning on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop sound/speaker keeps turning on/off: Hi,The laptop sound/speaker keeps on turning of and off when I connect bluetooth speaker. I replaced the headphones but the problem still persists. I tried to roll back the updates but it does not allow me to. I got this link but it's not helping in my...
  4. Taskbar keeps closing on ONE of TWO screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps closing on ONE of TWO screens: Windows Taskbar goes down to a one-pixel line at the bottom of my screen. Minimize taskbar is OFF. Moving my cursor down to it does nothing. In order to fix it I have to go to Settings > Display > and change from 100% to 125% and then the taskbar reappears. Then I change it...
  5. Taskbar keeps closing on ONE of TWO screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar keeps closing on ONE of TWO screens: Windows Taskbar goes down to a one-pixel line at the bottom of my screen. Minimize taskbar is OFF. Moving my cursor down to it does nothing. In order to fix it I have to go to Settings > Display > and change from 100% to 125% and then the taskbar reappears. Then I change it...
  6. Spatial sound keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial sound keeps turning off: I recently got a new DAC for my PC (Topping E30) and it is connected via USB and for some reason the spatial sound keeps turning off when I boot up my PC after a shut down, when rebooting spatial sound stays on but if I shut down and then boot up the spatial sound is off,...
  7. Turn off screen but keep sound on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off screen but keep sound on: My lap top is connecter to big monitor with HDMI cable, and I have speakers connected to lap top. Is there a way to turn off my monitor, keeping my lap top lid closed but keeping the music going :) When I turn off my monitor audio goes from playing on speakers to playing on...
  8. Screens keep turning off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens keep turning off.: My two screens keep turning off after a while, despite me having set the settings to "never". I've tried to find a solution but nothing works, they just keep turning off after some time of inactivity and they've only been doing it for the last few days....
  9. Turn screen keyboard sound off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn screen keyboard sound off: Steps to turn off/on key sounds for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: Step 1: Enter Settings. Step 2: Choose Devices to move on. Step 3: Open Typing, and then switch off or on Play key sounds as I type under Touch keyboard. Related Articles: Turn off Click Sound for On-Screen...
  10. Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer: How to: Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer How to Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer [img] Information Internet Explorer will play sounds in webpages by default in Windows. If you like, you can turn off playing all...