Windows 10: Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

Discus and support Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StevenOsburn, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power Plan”, and settings for both “Turn off the display” and “Put the computer to sleep” are set for NEVER when plugged in. I even restored the default settings and then changed them back to NEVER because one article said that might help. Background: I’m dedicating a laptop to run my laser engraver,

:)

StevenOsburn, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

Verna,

But you did not look at that tutorial's list of related tutorials for all the other
    Add or Remove ... from Power Options - TenForumsTutorials
    ones. That's what I suggested. The link to that particular tutorial was just a way in to the set of them.

Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off [​IMG]

And you'll find even more of the set by searching the list of tutorials.

Denis

3. Screen turns black, system "hybernating"

Turned it on - after almost an entire day without touching it - and worked for 3 hours before the same screen black, system hibernating happened again.

Checked the temperature throughout and the cores registered at max 56 and 50.

Suggestions?

trail_of_fiends, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

turn off suggestions

Hi,

Try the below steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Settings from Three horizontal dots at top.
    • Click on Advanced Settings.
    • Select View Advanced Settings.
    • Click on Privacy and services.
    • Now Turn the ‘Show search suggestions as I type’.
    Let us know the status.

Vinod Archak, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

1. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off - Similar Threads - Screen Turns Off

2. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never: Hello, I have an Asus ProArt Studiobook 16.Fresh install of windows 11, all drivers up to date. I like my computers to stay on constantly when they are plugged in so that they can run programs in the background or be accessible via remote desktop at any time. No matter what...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never: Hello, I have an Asus ProArt Studiobook 16.Fresh install of windows 11, all drivers up to date. I like my computers to stay on constantly when they are plugged in so that they can run programs in the background or be accessible via remote desktop at any time. No matter what...
  4. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen never turns off when idle: Hello,I have a problem where my desktop computer's screens will not turn off after idling for the configured amount of minutes. I've checked to see if there was any application at all preventing the screens from turning off, but it doesn't seem like there is ever anything.PS...
  5. Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer: Split from this thread. I have an opposite issue of this is that my screen doesn't turn "off". I have clearly set a timer in power and sleep, also I have edited my power plan to turn of my screen, but it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried to set my power button the...
  6. Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer

Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer: Split from this thread. I have an opposite issue of this is that my screen doesn't turn "off". I have clearly set a timer in power and sleep, also I have edited my power plan to turn of my screen, but it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried to set my power button the...
  7. Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  9. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  10. Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.: My problem is as above. After I turn it off, the apps will not auto start itself at startup, but after a few startups, it will start to turn on again. It annoys me to see Microsoft teams, Zoom, Origin, Steam and Spotify jumping at me everytime I boot up my computer. Is...