Windows 10: Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100%

Discus and support Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100% in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A while back I installed windows 10 on my Elitebook 8560w with an AMD graphics card. I noticed that when I push the screen bightness to a certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SJCoyle, Sep 10, 2019.

1. SJCoyle Win User

Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100%

A while back I installed windows 10 on my Elitebook 8560w with an AMD graphics card. I noticed that when I push the screen bightness to a certain level, the monitor shuts off completely. I have to connect to an external monitor and lower the brightness for the screen to turn on. This issue did not happen when I had windows 8 installed, and when i tried to reinstall Windows 10, I still have the same issue. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if anyone knows a fix.

:)

SJCoyle, Sep 10, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100%

Can't turn down screen brightness, tried everything!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

• Which troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

I understand you want an option to change the brightness level on the screen. You can change the brightness of the monitor by changing the
    Display settings according to your preference on Windows 10. Please refer the help article below for steps to adjust the brightness on your desktop.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-screen-brightness

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100%

1. Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100% - Similar Threads - Screen Turns off

2. How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?: Hi, I don't have the option to adjust the brightness, and the brightness on the screen adjusts to me depending on what is being displayed. It really annoys me and there is no option to turn it off....
  3. How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off automatic screen brightness change?: Hi, I don't have the option to adjust the brightness, and the brightness on the screen adjusts to me depending on what is being displayed. It really annoys me and there is no option to turn it off....
  4. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?: I have looked in the display section under settings AND control panel, but there is no auto brightening feature listed in either place, BUT the screen will randomly max out the brightness when opening apps....
  5. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?: I have looked in the display section under settings AND control panel, but there is no auto brightening feature listed in either place, BUT the screen will randomly max out the brightness when opening apps....
  6. hp laptop brightness is continuously increasing to 100 % when it is turned on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hp laptop brightness is continuously increasing to 100 % when it is turned on: Hello , my hp laptop brightness is continuously increasing to 100 % when it is turned on ; when i try to reduce brightness again it automatically increase to 100 % with brightness icon staying on display , please any one help me...
  7. Turning off adaptive brightness

Turning off adaptive brightness: Hi, when I use my laptop on a dark screen, the brightness of the screen immediately turns substantially darker but when using on a light screen, the brightness immediately turns brighter. May I know if this is because adaptive brightness is enabled and how do I turn it off?...
  8. Spacebar Changing Screen Brightness In Games With Adaptive Brightness Turned Off.

Spacebar Changing Screen Brightness In Games With Adaptive Brightness Turned Off.: My spacebar in games will change my screen brightness from like 50% to about 70% and I don't know why, I even have adaptive brightness turned off....
  9. Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness

Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness: I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 that came with Windows 10. Everything worked fine for the first two weeks until my screen is stuck at 100% brightness. I've looked around for a fix, and the one solution that everyone says should work (refreshing/updating my driver)...
  10. External Monitor Brightness Resets when turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor Brightness Resets when turned off: I recently got an external monitor, Lenovo L24q-20, which I use with my HP Envy Laptop. The brightness of the external monitor is controlled with buttons on the monitor, and is by default set to 80/100. This is a bit too bright for me so I set it down to 50/100, and all is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Brighten my screen to 100%

2. why my laptop screen turns off after changing brightness level

3. windows 10 screen turn off when brightness is on 100 %

4. computer moitor turns off when brightness at 100,
  5. screen flickering when brightness 100%