Windows 10: Screen unreadable during fresh install

Discus and support Screen unreadable during fresh install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was installing Windows 10 on a machine (desktop) using a bootable pendrive. After it loads and restarts, it changes the screen resolution and becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jcsthmptn207, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Screen unreadable during fresh install

I was installing Windows 10 on a machine (desktop) using a bootable pendrive. After it loads and restarts, it changes the screen resolution and becomes unreadable, is not blue screen or frozen, I can move the pointer and see there is text, texboxes, etc. but I can't carry on that blindly.

That machine has a GTX 560 graphics card with dual DVI output. I tried both connectors as well as a DVI-VGA converter and a VGA cable to the monitor. Both the computer, graphics card and monitor worked fine before (actually do in the initial stage of the install). Unfortunately the motherboard has no native video output to try an alternative.

There is an option to load drivers at install time, but I'm not sure if I could run the nVidia exe installer... I also looked into running the installer in safe mode but couldn't find how if it's possible at all.

That machine had the same windows 10 before and was fine, I remember struggling with that problem but eventually managed to install. I don't remember exactly how I did it. Probably I had Windows 8 before but that shouldn't make a difference, right?

:)

jcsthmptn207, Dec 3, 2018

2. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Screen unreadable during fresh install

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Screen unreadable during fresh install

1. Screen unreadable during fresh install - Similar Threads - Screen unreadable during

2. Computer crashed during fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashed during fresh install of windows: I'm using an HP EliteBook 8440p laptop, My computer became very cluttered and messy so I decided it would be nice to completely start over with a fresh install of Windows. My computer halfway through attempting to reinstall Windows started to overheat, then it got to the...
  3. Computer crashed during fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashed during fresh install of windows: I'm using an HP EliteBook 8440p laptop, My computer became very cluttered and messy so I decided it would be nice to completely start over with a fresh install of Windows. My computer halfway through attempting to reinstall Windows started to overheat, then it got to the...
  4. Computer crashed during fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No inet DURING fresh install win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No inet DURING fresh install win10: Does anyone know why win10 is not recognizing my inet during fresh install setup. It worked fine the first time installed win10, now it says no inet connection and I have to do a limited setup. I am not talking about after its installed. I'm talking about during...
  6. BSOD Constantly and during fresh install

BSOD Constantly and during fresh install: So about a year ago i built this PC: Specs: -AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -Asus Prime B450M-A-Patriot Viper Elite Series DDR4 8GB 2 x 4GB -PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 570 AXRX 570 4GBD5-3DHD/OC First thing i did was install windows. Everything went smooth for a couple of...
  7. Blue screen during fresh install leads to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Blue screen during fresh install leads to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: i am currently building a computer for gaming and all parts are brand new. i have BIOS setup to boot from the USB since i have a stick to install windows 10. During the install process though, anywhere between choosing your language just after choosing which bit version needs...
  8. Blue Screen on fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen on fresh install: Recently I have upgraded to windows 10 from 7. After the initial install I got an IRQL LESS THAN EQUAL bsod. So I tried running Driver verifer, chkdsk, and even memtest to see if those would help point me in the direction of the problem. A few days later I am still having the...
  9. Shutdown during fresh install windows 10

Shutdown during fresh install windows 10: While attempting a fresh install of 10, I didn't realized the power had gone offline and the fresh install of 10 was interrupted by a shutdown. Now I cannot get the dell 5720 to load windows 10. It also will not read either from the network or the usb media creation tool. Its...
  10. Fresh Install - PC Shuts Down During OS Install

Fresh Install - PC Shuts Down During OS Install: Hey guys. Installing Windows 10 via the USB. I have it plugged into a usb 2 slot and while booting it in UEFI it loads the files the turns my PC off and reboots, cycling continuously. Booting it through KDI-MSFT, it loads the files, gets to a windows logo and THEN turns...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing windows screen unreadable